Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Alvarado, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
- Under general supervision, assists in the development of the company's business systems, processes, and controls, including policies and procedures, relative to the location and department assigned.
- Demonstrates understanding of organizational structure and core businesses of the company and industry.
- Performs, researches, and resolves activities involving complex accounting reports with associated accounting analysis and related internal controls.
- May prepare and post or review journal vouchers for accounting transactions.
- Reviews and monitors financial transactions for accuracy and timeliness.
- Prepares, analyzes and distributes financial results including variance explanations. Interacts and communicates with other departments and business units to resolve financial related issues.
- Coordinates financial report preparation and business analysis.
- Requires completion of an undergraduate degree in accounting, business, or other related field and a minimum of five (5) years of experience in accounting related roles.
- Knowledge of US GAAP or country-specific accounting principles required.
- Demonstrates project management skills and knowledge of financial performance metrics such as CVA/NOVA.
- Demonstrates knowledge in aspects of general accounting, internal controls and risk mitigation, company policy, financial analysis and statutory reporting, forecasting, and financial applications of varying complexity, as well as advanced levels of proficiency with industry and company acumen.
- This is a developmental role for learning basic supervisory skills/experience.
- CPA strongly preferred.
Halliburton is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, citizenship, marital status, sex/gender, sexual preference/ orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, national origin, or any other status protected by law or regulation.
2001 Interstate 35, Alvarado, Texas, 76009, United States
Requisition Number: 83377
Experience Level: Experienced Hire
Job Family: Finance & Accounting
Product Service Line: Supply Chain Mgmt
Full Time / Part Time: Full Time
Additional Locations for this position:
Founded in 1919, Halliburton is one of the world’s leading providers of products and services to the upstream energy industry.
Halliburton is proud to be a services company, and our customers and investors appreciate our business model. Our strong competitive position not only comes from our geographic footprint and wide range of products and services, but also, more importantly, from the quality of our work and the dedication of our employees.
With approximately 60,000 employees, representing 140 nationalities in more than 80 countries, Halliburton touches much of the oil and gas that fuel our society.
Halliburton comprises 14 product service lines (PSLs). The PSLs operate in two divisions: Drilling and Evaluation, and Completion and Production.
Our Consulting and Project Management PSL works across both divisions and is the spearhead of our integrated-services strategy. Its financial results are included in the Drilling and Evaluation Division. PSLs are primarily responsible and accountable for strategy, technology development, process development, people development and capital allocation.
Integrity: Ethics and integrity are the foundation of our brand and the guiding principles for all we do.
Safety: Priority number one. We are focused on our own personal safety, as well as on the safety of others.
Collaboration: We work together with customers, and understand that everyone has a role in providing the best solution.
Competition: We compete to win, knowing that competition makes everyone stronger.
Creativity: We are resourceful. We are innovative, and strive to apply the right technology and solution every time.
Reliability: We deliver what we promise. We believe the quality of our service defines who we are.
Respect: We are honest with ourselves and with each other. We value our diverse skills and talents, and know we are stronger together as one family.
These values are our corporate DNA, the foundation for how we relate to each other and to every individual and entity with whom we interact. These are the principles that every Halliburton employee is expected to use, live by, and demonstrate on a daily basis.
Own Your Career
Our people are essential to our ability to innovate, achieve, grow, and lead. We attract and retain the best talent by investing in our employees and empowering them to develop themselves and their careers. We invest in our employees through leadership and competency development, competitive compensation plans, health benefits, work-life programs, and reward and incentive plans.
Opportunities for career development – and the tools you need to take advantage of them – are abundant. Combine those opportunities with your drive and capabilities, and your career path can go in nearly any direction you choose.