At Baker Hughes, we are transforming the future of energy. With operations in over 120 countries, we are developing and deploying industry-leading technologies and services to take energy forward.
For more than a century, our inventions have revolutionized energy. Today, we are bringing our expertise to make oil and gas safer, cleaner, and more efficient.
Our people are the trusted experts, relied on to solve customer challenges big and small. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent, and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.
We believe in creating an environment of diversity and inclusion, without bias. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged, and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work.
We're makers, inventors, and leaders who aren't afraid of the tough challenges. We believe pushing boundaries will help to lead the way for a new energy future.Role Summary:
As a UX Architect at Baker Hughes, you'll get to showcase your thorough knowledge of the UX lifecycle to craft experiences for users of digital designs, channels, and platforms.Our ideal candidate is driven by collaboration and the exchange of new ideas. They are a self-starter who is proactive about requirements gathering, synthesis, and iterating on designs. They are a skilled mentor and leader who thrives off helping shape other designers-and learning some new things along the way. If you want to do innovative work with new and compelling challenges, then join us!Essential Responsibilities:
- Create holistic design solutions that address business, brand, and user requirements
- Distill complex problems into user stories and eventually innovative and refined solutions
- Work with developers, product managers, and other cross-functional team members to design end-to-end experiences using participatory and iterative design techniques
- Identify enhancements based on qualitative research and technical capabilities and requirements
- Craft personas, user journeys, information architecture diagrams, wireframes, and prototypes
- Conduct peer reviews, gather usability feedback, and quality assess implementations of your designs and the designs of others
- Be a design leader, ensuring that others understand the value and effectiveness of user-centered design
- Stay fresh on new technologies and trends in the web design space
- Participate in usability testing, scenario writing, study moderating and observing with prototypes and fully developed projects
- 10+ years of experience designing for enterprise software, or similar experience
- High proficiency with accessibility and usability, with a desire to learn more
- High emotional intelligence; able to bring differing opinions and personalities together
- Proven track record of evangelizing the need and value of design
- Proven proclivity toward self-ownership and driving results beyond your expected duties for the good of the product and team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Naturally curious and passionate about learning new things
- Driven by personal growth and commitment to the craft
- Experience in scrum and agile development environments
- Adaptable; able to leverage multidisciplinary practices and shift focus easily in a place that values nimble responses to new user and business expectations
- Leave ego at the door, making way for data-driven empathy and a collaborative work ethic
- An online portfolio that demonstrates your design abilities and how you think
- Bachelor's in human factors, HCI, graphic design, or related field (master's or higher preferred)
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization
Baker Hughes is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more