Skills: Instrument & Controls Engineer, Maintenance Technician, Instrumentation Technician
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Job Title: Instrument Maintenance Technician
Ref No: 15886
Start Date: 22/01/2019
Worley is currently recruiting for a Instrument Maintenance Technician for Total.
We are looking for a highly motivated candidate to join our offshore team on the GP3.
- To execute all activities safely and efficiently to agreed work plans, safety management system requirements and best working practices
- Routine, Corrective, breakdown and condition based maintenance in accordance with the requirements of the planned maintenance system/work pack/ Job card instructions
- Assisting with the coordination of spare parts requirements and the optimisation of spares stack levels.
- Carrying out unplanned maintenance as required
- Removal, Disassembly, Overhaul, Reassembly, replacement, testing and commissioning activities
- Isolating and de-isolating instrumentation and control equipment in accordance with the site electrical safety rules
- Minimising downtime and contributing to the achievement of production targets
- Preparing technical reports as required
- Fault finding and rectification for instrumentation and control systems
- Undertake appropriate risk assessments (RA) in order to complete work scope in a safe and controlled manner
- Request and take out applicable permit to work (PTW) to complete work scope in a safe and controlled manner
- Provide support to other trades/disciplines where it is safe to do so, or form part of an integrated multi-discipline team
- Holding special responsibility for the maintenance of fire and gas detection and alarm systems
- Inspection and maintenance of instrumentation equipment in hazardous areas
Candidates should hold the following Qualifications & certification:
- Recognised Instrument Apprenticeship or equivalent training scheme
- HNC in Control/ Instrumentation Engineering (Post 2009 apprenticeships)
- NVQ/SVQ Level 3 certification or equivalent in Maintenance
- COMPEX (Hazardous Areas)
- Bosiet/Mist/medical (offshore only)
- Site safety passport (onshore only)
- Pressure hydro testing certificate.
*Certain benefits are not applicable to employees who reside outside of the UK
*As a people business we support flexible working and champion diversity and inclusion at all levels. We offer excellent remuneration and benefits packages, a friendly, professional, dynamic and flexible work environment along with the opportunity to develop your career prospects.