Skills: Mechanical Technician
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: United Kingdom
Our Client is looking for a Mechanical Technician for a permanent position, located in Offshore - North Sea.
The Mechanical Technician will complete planned routine maintenance, fault diagnostics and corrective maintenance of all mechanical equipment. Effective maintenance of mechanical equipment allowing company to meet safety and business targets to allow delivery of increased uptime and reliability.
- Contributes to a culture of continuous HSSE performance improvement.
- Ensure that Mechanical Maintenance activities on the Brae Platforms fully comply with company practices including safe systems of work.
- Actively contribute to assist the Maintenance Team achieve outstanding performance in meeting HES Targets
- Complete routine maintenance, fault diagnosis and corrective maintenance of mechanical equipment.
- Ensure Safety Critical Routines are completed on time and compliance targets are met.
- Carry out front line maintenance on all Mechanical equipment.
- Where defects are identified ensure work orders are raised.
- Ensure work of specialist vendors conforms to Energy procedures.
- Assist Operations Technicians as required.
- Completion of comprehensive shift handovers
- Record detailed daily logs on the status of equipment that has been worked on
- Ensure compliance with offshore maintenance plans.
- Contribute towards optimisation of maintenance and minimise equipment downtime by critically assessing maintenance practices with the Maintenance Team Leader
- Complete detailed end of trip handover in compliance with company Handover Procedures
- Maintain Cost Control by ensuring effective Maintenance is being carried out
- Demonstrate an active performance mindset to others within maintenance team, focus behaviours on safe working and optimising maintenance against key targets under the direction of the Maintenance Team Leader
- Completion of a recognised Mechanical Apprenticeship - SVQ Level 3 or equivalent
- HNC in Engineering: Mechanical
- Minimum Industry Safety Training (MIST)
- Small Bore Tubing (SBT001)
- Bolted Joint Integrity (MJI10)
- Previous experience in a similar role
- Previous Experience working on a fixed installation preferred
- Experience of work on all types of rotating equipment
- Experience of Pressure Testing / Working with Pressure
- Experience of investigating / repairing / replacing Mechanical Seals
- Experience of investigating / repairing / replacing Bearing Mainteance
- Specialised Job Knowledge:
- Laser Alignment
- PSV Recertification (Pilot & Conventional)
- Level 1 Plant Inspector
- Bolted Joint Integrity - Grayloc (MJI11)