Skills: HR - General
Education: Associates/2 yr Degree/Diploma
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Stockton-on-Tees, United Kingdom
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Worley is looking to recruit a Senior People Advisor, based in Stockton for a 12 month fixed-term basis.
Provide an effective HR service as the main focal point on a Project/Contract and therefore be responsible for supporting the Project Manager with the management of the people resources in accordance with the long-term business objectives as well as the project delivery schedule.
- To ensure the successful delivery of all people related activities within a project to meet the operational requirements of the client.
- To ensure client requirements are anticipated and met
- To provide HR advice, guidance and support to the Project/Contract Manager and Project Leadership Team when required.
- To ensure management of all HR processes within the Project to ensure that company policy is adhered to and that employees are appropriately supported and that costs are minimized.
Prime responsibilities and duties
- Act as key HR focal point on a Project, advising the Project/Contract Manager (and their Project Leadership Team) on all matters relating to company policy, good HR practice, terms and conditions of service and employment legislation.
- Provide advice and support to customers and people team with regards to a broad range of ER issues and cases, including: performance management, absence management maternity, paternity, adoption, flexible working, grievances, disciplinaries and capability.
- Manage resource planning and forecasting activities within customer group and function and work closely with recruitment team or HR Manager to plan for and meet resource requirements
- Lead recruitment and onboarding processes for customer group ensuring best practice is applied to attract and retain candidates and that they are operationally ready to mobilise to meet the project schedule.
- Manage transfers of personnel in or out of the organisation as required by the award of contracts, when covered by TUPE legislation.
- Represent the company at Employment Tribunals/ or formal hearings convened through Collective Agreements when required, including working with Legal Counsel/ or other external advisors to prepare for the case hearing.
- Review all standard Terms and Conditions of employment to ensure that they are appropriate for the project requirements. Draft proposals for temporary changes to any part of these conditions where the specific needs of the project require bespoke arrangements.
- Lead the process of Project/Contract close out to ensure that where possible all key personnel are retained within the business.
- Lead and support business integration of competence assurance systems and work with customers to achieve a safe and competent workforce which is fit for purpose.
- Delivering accurate management information to shape business decisions, focusing on key metrics including recruitment, attrition, employee relations, absence.
- Lead and support change management initiatives while maintaining effective operational delivery.
- Initiate and drive continuous improvement within the People team both generally and specifically in area of subject matter expertise.
- Develop, lead and support the people team in ensuring good employee relations through active engagement of employee representatives, trade unions, employees and contractors.
- Share knowledge and experience with the people team to help shape best practice, a consistent approach and ensure business goals are met.
- Nurture, coach and mentor team members and within wider people team.
- Contribute People sections of bids which satisfy best practice and legal requirements, and which are aligned to client needs.
- Act as a safety leader for all people related safety issues, lead safety principles within the business and challenge unsafe activities both onshore and offshore.
- Champion performance management process and initiatives. Coach, influence, and encourage managers to provide clear goals and objectives, feedback and development. Support management to take appropriate steps to address performance issues.
- Present Company Induction to new starts, ensuring that delivery is professional, engaging and effective, with a welcoming and enthusiastic approach.
- CIPD Chartered membership (or equivalent demonstrable experience)
- Relevant degree or tertiary level qualification
- Masters Degree or equivalent experience