Job Description Summary
The role of the CM/PM planner is a key role within the Plan Maintenance activity. The planner enables the efficient execution and quality of maintenance work by developing work packages and cost estimates for routine priority corrective and preventive work. Also he/she is responsible for having the resources in place to execute the work orders and coordinate repairs with different shops.
The planner initiates MOCs and deviations when required. The CM planner also uses and updates library plans. Duties
Requirements Competency Requirements
- Develop work packages and cost estimates for maintenance work orders
- Review work orders in the scheduler's queue to align with resource loading and business priorities
- Monitor the scheduler's queue on a daily basis to ensure awareness of newly created corrective notifications (work requests)
- The planner selects work orders for planning based on priority and/or completion date
- The planner should initiate the MOC process for any work within the planner's queue that requires it
- Verify that every work order has assigned the right resources and that the materials are available on the site before releasing the work order for the scheduler
- Define the scope of repairs with the maintenance supervisor and coordinate the jobs with the shops
The maintenance planner role will likely be cross discipline, i.e., with knowledge competencies in mechanical, electrical and instruments.
The planner should also have:
• Knowledge of methods, materials, tools and equipment in the maintenance of oil and gas
• Knowledge of the modes of failure applicable to large industrial equipment such as fans,
pumps and compressors and their associated components.
• Skill in identification of safety hazards and appropriate precautions applicable to work
assignments, high skill in applying technical knowledge to determine equipment problems
(including knowledge of RCA techniques and their applicability) and identifying
appropriate solutions in order to swiftly develop work packs.
• Skill in reading, interpreting and applying information from files, drawings, catalogues,
reports and manuals.
• Skill in communicating clearly and concisely in verbal and written form.
• Skill in using SAP BLP to review work packages and work order technical history.
• Ability to maintain effective working relationships with other personnel including;
operators, vendors, contractors, subordinates, peers and superiors.