At Baker Hughes, we are transforming the future of energy. With operations in over 120 countries, we are developing and deploying industry-leading technologies and services to take energy forward.
For more than a century, our inventions have revolutionized energy. Today, we are bringing our expertise to make oil and gas safer, cleaner, and more efficient.
Our people are the trusted experts, relied on to solve customer challenges big and small. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent, and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.
We believe in creating an environment of diversity and inclusion, without bias. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged, and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work.
We are makers, inventors, and leaders who aren't afraid of the tough challenges. We believe pushing boundaries will help to lead the way for a new energy future. Role Summary:
Baker Hughes has a new opportunity for Workshop Supervisor
to join our team in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
- Under general supervision, the employee is responsible for testing, maintenance, and repair of various electronic assemblies.
- Completes all required documentation on failure analysis and required repairs.
- Troubleshoots tests and assembles electromechanical assemblies.
- Assists in reworking, repairing and modifying nonconforming equipment.
- Provides technical support to other groups and co-workers.
- Ability to coach other technicians.
- Assists in configuring, preparing, maintaining, utilizing and/or designing test stations and test equipment.
- Performs tests with instructions and documentation.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or Applied Science with 5+ years' experience
- Strong knowledge of Fishing, thru tubing and Wellbore cleanup tools
Locations:Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
- Must be able to demonstrate analytical skills.
- Knowledge of specific products.
- Knowledge of testing procedures and specific equipment required to perform repair and maintenance.
- Good verbal and writing skills.
- Advanced skills in soldering and assembling of electro-mechanical devices.
- Proficient in the use of multi-meters, meggers, hipot testers and other basic electronic instruments.
- Can read, interpret blueprints, wiring diagrams, assembly prints and parts lists.
- Versed in AC/DC circuits and electronic devices.
- Demonstrates the ability to find solutions to difficult technical problems.
- Proficient in the use of oscilloscopes.
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization
Baker Hughes is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more