Responsible for providing environmental technical and specialist expertise to support operational activities, advising on the delivery of environmental policies and procedures to meet regulatory and BP requirements, and ensuring these requirements are consistently and effectively delivered across the plant.At BP, we're committed to providing the energy that fuels growth and improves lives. We've been in the North Sea for 50 years and plan to be here for years to come. The regulatory compliance and environment area alone creates big, complex challenges, which will make your role all the more important.Purpose of the Role
The European Union Emission Trading Scheme (EUETS) Specialist role is senior position, managing overall compliance with both Phases III and IV of EUETS. The post holder will also be responsible for providing practical advice and support to a team of front-line Environmental Advisors across 6 offshore UK assets.
*The role is based in Aberdeen, UK and offers a competitive salary and benefits package. The closing date for the role is the 4th Feb 2020.*Key Projects
- Co-ordinate all aspects of EUETS compliance and embed responsibility for key actions in the business - How can ownership of EUETS across functions be improved?
- Oversee and improve the ongoing processes to meet EUETS Phase III requirements - how can EUETS be simplified?
- Identify all elements required to comply with EUETS Phase IV and develop or update, tools and processes to allow the business to incorporate compliance into our business systems - What are the main challenges for an Operator to comply with EUETS Phase IV and how can these be addressed?
- Support the Business with EUETS emissions forecasting whilst having an awareness of the market price and Asset activities - What are the key factors to consider when forecasting emissions from an offshore installation
- Strengthen and update the EUETS self-verification program - How do we effectively inform and challenge the business of opportunities and risks?
- Co-ordinate annual EUETS Verification and liaise closely with all stakeholders (Env Team, Key Internal functions, OPRED/BEIS and the EUETS Verifier) to maintain a clear framework for Verification that is delivered in a timely fashion - What are the main hurdles in achieving annual Verification and how can these be overcome? Confidential
- Coach and mentor Environmental Advisors to grow their understanding of EUETS, empowering them to manage EUETS for their Assets.
- Identify and assimilate all EUETS legislative and guidance updates into business processes and where necessary develop new tools and systems that can be used by key personnel.
- Provide clear and concise expectations around stream data flow and the importance of valid, representative raw data. This should be coupled with a 'chronic sense of unease' around EUETS an understanding of data risks.
- Work closely with the Regional Atmospherics Lead to determine Carbon savings from sustainable emission reduction strategies
- Coordinate responses to new industry guidance
Key Skill and experience
- Degree in HSE related discipline, Engineering or Science
- HSE professional chartered qualification preferred
- Detailed knowledge and practical experience of EUETS ideally within an Oil and Gas setting
- Broad experience with UK legal and regulatory requirements.
- Proven track record of delivering annual EUETS verification
- Proven ability to apply systems thinking and continuous improvement concepts. Strong working knowledge of Regional Oil & Gas Regulations
- Proactive networking, strong communications, relationship building and influencing skills demonstrated across a range of teams and stakeholders.
- Proven track record of Operational experience and building technical capabilities and behaviours to achieve success, including a continuous improvement culture
- Experience of conducting internal verification and assurance activities
- Ability to travel to offshore operating sites when necessary