Skills: Engineering Manager
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: United Kingdom
Our Client is looking for an Engineering Manager for a permanent position, located in Aberdeen
Senior Manager Engineering Facilities will manage and be responsible for the Design Engineers, passing on knowledge and experience, ensuring work is conducted to current company, legal and industry standards and achieving the relevant design criteria. This role will also ensure that project timelines are met, present regular updates and design reviews to the client and members of the senior management team. Responsibility for the R&D testing of our products ensuring the correct test equipment is designed and available also falls within this key role. Overseeing technicians to ensure we are following the assembly and test procedures and achieving the required results while ensuring testing procedures and practices meet HSE policy. They would also feedback and incorporate lessons learned from test results into the design of the product to ensure the product meets the client and industry requirements.
- Responsible for multifaceted design and R&D team, from concept through to production, providing project specific bespoke engineering solutions.
- Coaching and mentoring all staff in their department
- Ensuring all projects run on time and in budget
- Presenting to clients and senior management team project status, feasibility and design reviews
- Creation, maintenance and review of engineering drawings and schematics for use in the manufacture, assembly and testing of products; using proprietary CAD packages.
- Preparation of design packages for conducting, recording and actioning design reviews.
- Undertake engineering calculations, source and select supplementary components and materials, enabling effective design optimization and ensuring fitness for purpose.
- Modify existing products to meet internal and external customer requirements.
- Assess Engineering cost implications of design changes or new designs, informing projected costs to the Senior Management team
- Preparation of test and operational procedures, and quality management documentation.
- Compilation of technical documentation; reports, calculations, specifications, parts lists, assembly, test and operational procedures, manufacturing data, risk and failure-mode analyses.
- To ensure all work is carried out to high standards and in line with quality system requirements.
- Accredited 2:1 Honors Engineering Degree with Masters/Post Graduate Preferred. Working towards or already achieved Chartered status is desirable.
- Candidates with a non-accredited HNC/HND and 5 - 8 years relevant experience will also be considered for the position.
- Strong and proven organisational and planning skills
- Able to work well under pressure
- Able to translate plans to action for the people who work for them
- Fully understands health and safety, hygiene, quality, legality, quantity and costs relating to the business
- Interpretation and monitoring of business performance data
- Able to use all relevant internal systems, policies and procedures
- Good understanding of audit systems & Health & Safety at work procedures
- Professional and confident
- Strong and effective communication skills
- Self motivated with a strong results focus
- Great Team Player
- Leads by example
- Resilience when challenged by others and when under pressure
- Enthused by challenge and innovation
- Big picture thinker: Looks beyond the obvious
- Able to influence at all levels
- Able to build lasting business relationships
- Assertive with the will to win
- Objective and impartial thinking
- Good judgment and common sense