Skills: Design Engineer
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: United Kingdom
Our Client is looking for a Design Engineer for a permanent position, located in Aberdeen
- To ensure that products and services meet the required quality standards, by designing and developing new, or modifying existing products to meet actual or anticipated customer needs.
- The role is measured by the accurate interpretation of product requirements into effective designs/drawings which can be used to manufacture, assemble, test and deploy products against time and quality requirements.
- The design engineer will be heavily involved in product assembly, testing and qualification.
- To undertake engineering design work, from concept through to production, providing project specific bespoke engineering solutions.
- Creation, maintenance and review of engineering drawings and schematics for use in the manufacture, assembly and testing of products using proprietary CAD packages.
- Preparation of design packages for conducting, recording and actioning design reviews.
- Undertake engineering calculations, source and select supplementary components and materials, enabling effective design optimization and ensuring fitness for purpose.
- Modify existing products to meet internal or external customer requirements.
- Assess cost implications of design changes or new designs, informing projected costs to the Technical Director.
- Preparation of test procedures, operational procedures.
- Assembly, test and qualification of products
- Compilation of technical documentation; reports, calculations, specifications, parts lists, assembly, test and operational procedures, manufacturing data, risk and failure-mode analyses.t
- Interfacing and technical liaison with other company staff, clients and suppliers
- To ensure all work is carried out to high standards and in line with quality system requirements.
- Accredited 2:1 Honors Degree in Mechanical Engineering preferred.
- Candidates with an HNC/HND and relevant experience will also be considered for the position.
- Essential: Track record of engineering competence and delivery in the Oil and Gas industry and able to demonstrate effective project management.
- Must have knowledge of applicable National and International Design Standards.
- Proficient in the use of 3D CAD (Autodesk Inventor preferable).
- Able to travel offshore and overseas as required.
- Excellent oral & written communication skills.
- Proven problem solving ability
- Ability to effectively use dedicated resources, to plan, control and take responsibility for own work.
- Professional, reliable and consistent approach to work.
- Self motivated.
- Flexible approach to working
- An awareness of the environmental impact of design ideas.
- Methodical, proactive and naturally inquisitive.
There will be a requirement to work offshore at well sites and to travel overseas to oversee and report on the implementation of new technologies and assist with product deployment and recovery.