Skills: IT - Analysis & Management
Experience: 8 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
INFORMATION & COMMUNICATION TECHNOLOGY
SR. SYSTEMS ENGINEER (System Security)
Primary Purpose of Job
1.Implement security controls in line with QP's security policies and in close coordination with senior systems engineers to ensure information security consistency and compliance.
2.Manage the day-to-day operation of the company's endpoint protection solutions to prevent any attempts which could compromise QP's systems and environment.
3.Provide secondary support to maintain 24x7x365 operations of implemented systems security infrastructure and conduct analysis of log files, evidence and other information in order to determine best methods for identifying the perpetrators of a system intrusion.
4.Ability to perform indication of compromises (IOCs) investigations and analysis.
5. Manage, maintain configuration/ availability and system lifecycle of key perimeter/internal security devices.
6. Develop and Maintain current system documentation and versioning.
7. Conduct security technology reviews to ensure security control systems are built according to security architecture principles, following standards and are optimized to maximum efficiency.
8. Manage and support Endpoint Detection & Response (EDR) and Advanced Persistent Threats (APT) protection technologies.
9. Perform forensic analysis in response to security incident to immediately pinpoint abnormal activity.
10.Manage and support Public Key Infrastructure technologies to ensure cryptographic services(authentication, signing, time stamping, issuing certificates) will leverage the integrity of data and assurance of security in QP business operations
11.Identifying, reviewing and verifying applicability of security vulnerabilities related to IT applications and operating systems then implement suitable mitigation measures.
12.Manage and support privileged management systems.
13.Manage and support Active Directory GPOs related to security.
14.Manage and support Anti-Malware protection and Applications White Listing solutions for Windows & Linux clients, servers, email and storage.
15.Monitor and review logs of all security information security systems to ensure data is not changed by malicious codes.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, a related Engineering field or Management Information Systems. PUBLIC KEY INFASTRUCTURE (PKI) experience. CISSP, CISA, CISM. CCIE security or other relevant informationsecurity certification is a plus.
Experience & Skills
1. Minimum of 8 years of demonstrated experience in IT of which minimal 4 years of experience in security operations function.
2.Certified Information Security Manager (CISM) or Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) or CompTIA Security+ or equivalent proven experience is an advantage.
3.Symantec Certified Specialist (SCS) in Symantec Endpoint Protection & Advanced Threat Protection technologies or equivalent proven experience is an advantage.
4.Five or more years of proven experience in IT of which Three years in security operations function.
5.Strong knowledge and hands-on experience in Microsoft PUBLIC KEY INFASTRUCTURE (PKI) / Active Directory Certificate Services, Hardware Security Module and Encryption technologies.
6.Strong troubleshooting skills in software, configuration, log interpretation, etc. and strong analytical and problem solving skills
7. Knowledge of Security principles, techniques and technologies (Anti-malware, Advanced Threat Protection, Endpoint Detection & Response, Application Whitelisting) for on Premise and On Cloud systems
8. Proficiency in written and spoken English.
Qatar Petroleum is an integrated national oil company (NOC) responsible for the sustainable development of the oil and gas industry in Qatar and beyond.
Qatar Petroleum’s activities encompass the entire spectrum of the oil and gas value chain locally, regionally, and internationally, and include the exploration, refining, production, marketing and sales of oil and gas, liquefied natural gas (LNG), natural gas liquids (NGL), gas to liquids (GTL) products, refined products, petrochemicals, fertilizers, steel and aluminum.
Qatar Petroleum is committed to contribute to a better future by meeting today’s economic needs, while safeguarding our environment and resources for generations to come. Thriving on innovation and excellence, Qatar Petroleum is bound to the highest levels of sustainable human, socio-economic, and environmental development in Qatar and beyond.
For more information, please visit www.qp.com.qa