Skills: IT - Analysis & Management
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
INFORMATION & COMMUNICATION TECHNOLOGY
SR. INFORMATION PROTECTION ANALYST
Primary Purpose of Job
Primary purpose of the role Senior Information Protection Analyst is to ensure information within QP is protected and used appropriately according to identified risk and regulatory controls. This role requires identification and assessment of information controllers and processors within QP and extensive interaction with information controllers and processors to manage how information is used and ensure QP guidelines and regulatory requirements are met.
Bachelor degree in information security, computer science, or engineering
Experience & Skills
1. 10 years of relevant professional experience, preferably in a large enterprise.
2. Experience with and expert knowledge of international and local data protection regulations and guidelines (e.g., GDPR, Qatari Privacy Law, etc).
3. Preference for a background in legal aspects of with information protection regulation.
4. Professional certifications in information security management and standards compliance (e.g., CISSP, CISA, GIAC, ISO 27001, etc) and experience with control frameworks (e.g., NIST Cybersecurity Control Framework).
5. Experience with large ICS & ICT environments in the Energy sector, preferably in Oil & Gas.
6. Experience in information protection and community building.
7. Knowledge of information security capabilities, requirements analysis and control effectiveness.
8. Knowledge of information use across a broad spectrum of information platforms and applications (e.g., SAP), including controls available within those platforms.
9. Excellent written, verbal and presentation communication skills.
Qatar Petroleum is an integrated national oil company (NOC) responsible for the sustainable development of the oil and gas industry in Qatar and beyond.
Qatar Petroleum’s activities encompass the entire spectrum of the oil and gas value chain locally, regionally, and internationally, and include the exploration, refining, production, marketing and sales of oil and gas, liquefied natural gas (LNG), natural gas liquids (NGL), gas to liquids (GTL) products, refined products, petrochemicals, fertilizers, steel and aluminum.
Qatar Petroleum is committed to contribute to a better future by meeting today’s economic needs, while safeguarding our environment and resources for generations to come. Thriving on innovation and excellence, Qatar Petroleum is bound to the highest levels of sustainable human, socio-economic, and environmental development in Qatar and beyond.
For more information, please visit www.qp.com.qa