Responsible for supporting environmental regulatory compliance and the delivery of regulatory activities, including inspections and reporting, utilising sound technical capabilities to provide day-to-day operational support and advice on environmental issues, acting as a subject matter expert.At BP, we're committed to providing the energy that fuels growth and improves lives. We've been in the North Sea for 50 years and plan to be here for years to come. The regulatory compliance and environment area alone creates big, complex challenges, which will make your role all the more important.Purpose of the Role
The Regulatory and Permitting advisor role is a key position responsible for providing practical advice and support to the team of front-line Environmental Advisors across 6 offshore UK assets and drilling and well intervention activity. The post holder will support ISO14001: 2015 and the consistent implementation and self-verification of environmental requirements. The role will also Manage the Health, Safety and Environmental Compliance Management System.Key Projects
- Manage and maintain the ISO14001:2015 Standard - Is the business getting maximum value, what improvements can be made?
- Drive the generation and evaluation of innovative new process options and solutions - How can we automate the administrative elements of our compliance management system?
- Implement and review the self -verification programme - What are the insights. How do we effectively inform and challenge the business of opportunities and risks?
- Draw on experience and expertise to identify, quantify and develop mitigation strategies for new technology risks, particularly those related to process scale-up and commercialization.
- Assimilate information and data across a broad spectrum - Challenge conventional thinking, develop consistent reports and insights that add value to the business
- Provide day to day Regulatory and Permitting support to the drilling and well intervention activity
- Coach and mentor Environmental Advisors to grow their technical skills in support of BP's license to operate. Confidential
- Identify applicable legal and regulatory Health, Safety and Environmental (HSE) requirements and maintain the Register for applicable HSE legislation and Compliance Matrices
- Support the management of change process for HSE legislation, ensuring that conformance with relevant practices and procedures delivers compliance.
- Coordinate responses to new industry guidance
- Compile data and complete key reports with any insights, trends as required.
- Maintain Regional Aspect and Aspect Register and the Regional RC&E team Risk Register
Key Skill and experience
- Degree in HSE related discipline, Engineering or Science
- HSE professional chartered qualification preferred
- Broad experience with UK legal and regulatory requirements.
- Strong operational experience (Drilling and Offshore Platforms)
- Proven ability to apply systems thinking and continuous improvement concepts.
- Strong working knowledge of Regional Oil & Gas Regulations
- Proactive networking, strong communications, relationship building and influencing skills demonstrated across a range of teams and stakeholders.
- Proven track record of Operational experience and building technical capabilities and behaviours to achieve success, including a continuous improvement culture
- Experience of conducting Verification and assurance activities
- Ability to travel to offshore operating sites when necessary