Responsible for supporting the delivery of business analysis and consulting processes and procedures for the defined specialism using sound technical capabilities, building and maintaining effective working relationships, ensuring relevant standards are defined and maintained, and supporting delivery of process and system improvements. Specialisms: Business Analysis; Data Management and Data Science; Digital Innovation.BP has embarked on an ambitious plan to modernize and transform using digital technologies to drive efficiency, effective and new business models.
Responsible for gathering, defining and managing stakeholder business requirements, using structured business analysis tools, techniques and methodologies.
Enable the definition of requirements & user stories for product development, improving processes, systems, reducing costs, enhancing sustainability and quantification of benefits.
Collaboratively support creation and iteration of viable specifications for the deployment of digital systems. You strengthen and enrich your business domain, methods & tools, using your business modelling knowledge in your role. At IT&S, all the roles are within Chapters.
Be a high-performing technical individual who will develop the capability to deliver agile and commercially cost-effective solutions. You will ensure personal & team compliance with BP's Code of Conduct and demonstrate your leadership through BP's Leadership Expectations and Values.
As the main interface for all facets of Business Analysis within your area of accountability, relationships, delivering expertise knowledge to support project delivery. You will influence and inspire change in a positive and impactful way. Managing dependencies, risks & issues across teams.
You will help create the product, solution roadmap and vision requirements via expertise and Agile business analysis principles. You will facilitate the creation of User Stories and Acceptance Criteria and work with the Scrum team on continuous story grooming. You will help define sprint goals and facilitate Agile ceremonies to ensure objectives are met.
Your first assignment will be the Downstream refining business area. Working closely with the Refining Technology and Engineering (RTE) team to get a good understanding of key operational business processes related to planning, scheduling and modelling the refinery. These business processes will optimise the production outputs and the standardisation of the L3 processes across the refineries.
Building internal & external technology developments, managing the delivery of process and system improvements, identify & implement continuous improvement plans for the Business Analysis chapter and ensuring best practice is shared.Safety:
Safety of staff & our customers is our highest priority - We ensure Architectures, Designs & processes enhance an operational safe culture. Criteria Required:
- Experience gained working as a Business Analyst in an agile environment, ideally working in the energy domain especially downstream - refining.
- Experience running daily stand-ups, planning and backlog refinement sessions with the team and business stakeholders.
- Experience running Design thinking Workshops with the business and mapping user journeys
- Ability to work collaboratively with the team, Product Owner and business SMEs
- Ability to use different user research methods to define and understand the problem statement
- Ability to create both visual and written artefacts to articulate the business problem to the team
- Work closely with the Architect to design solutions to business problems
- Ability to demonstrate strong leadership, interpersonal and communication skills to present and articulate at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to demonstrate expertise on stakeholder management with the ability to adopt new Ways of Working
- Facilitating prioritisation discussions with the product owners and getting them focussed
- Coordinate UAT/testing and documentation
- Coach & mentor the team on Agile WoW.
- Demonstrate experience gained as a cross-functional team player in a virtual & global team environment.
- Self-organised team player
- Experience working with vendors
- Technically competency using Azure Devops (Balsamiq, Invision, or Axure, InVisio & Power-BI