Skills: Maintenance Technician
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Doha, Qatar
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
JOB SUMMARY/MAIN PURPOSE OF JOB
Provide mechanical support to maintain MODU Integrity and ensure compliance with class, flag and relevant regulatory requirements both locally/globally. Provide technical support to the operations maintenance team for equipment overhaul/repair and maintenance acting as a subject matter expert. Share as the maintenance administration of the electronic maintenance system monitoring, developing and generating ongoing PM (preventive maintenance) plans for the MODU's. Support maintenance personnel with equipment downtime issues. Evaluate and implement routines and best practices to reduce equipment operational costs and downtime events. Assist other departments as required.
QUALITY, HEALTH, SAFETY & ENVIRONMENTAL
Display a personal commitment to Quality, Health, Safety, Security and Environmental (QHSSE) objectives and maintain a positive QHSSE culture by personal leadership and example that holds all employees accountable.
In accordance with Northern Offshores QHSSE Policy Statement (CG-POL-001) be empowered to "STOP THE JOB" if it is thought QHSSE core values are being compromised.
Establish and maintain a commitment to continual improvement in Northern Offshore's operations and performance, utilising and complying with the Integrated Management System's policies, procedures and processes.
Adhere to relevant procedures and processes to meet Northern Offshores requirements regarding risk identification, risk assessment, risk elimination, risk minimisation and risk control.
PRE-REQUISITES FOR EMPLOYMENT
Professional qualification in mechanical engineering or in-depth mechanical background of Jack-up MODU equipment and system maintenance.
Preferred experience in a similar role as a Mechanical Superintendent with offshore maintenance experience at supervisory level.
Preferred experience with EAM Infor electronic equipment maintenance system or other similar electronic preventive maintenance data base system.
Preferred experience with the functionality of MODU systems and the required mechanical maintenance for NOV Hydraulic drilling equipment, NOV Mud Systems, BOP Systems, CAT Diesel Engine Systems, Gusto MSC Jacking Systems, MODU Service Utility Systems.
Ability to read and understand mechanical/hydraulic drawings and manuals for various MODU equipment and the ability to assist with trouble shooting and resolving down system issues.
Must successfully satisfy all Company, regulatory and client training as per onshore training matrix.
Must be able to professionally represent Northern Offshore with good verbal and written skills. Proficient in English with multilingual skills a plus.
Working safely is a condition of employment at all Northern Offshore work locations.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Visit Northern Offshore MODUs to monitor compliance of the electronic maintenance systems onshore/offshore and to promote continuous improvement.
- Make recommendations and update mechanical procedures to improve and ensure proper maintenance and repair procedures are in effect, up to date and being executed in the EAM System
- Work with the operations group on/offshore to insure planning and procedures for equipment maintenance insure contract requirements, cost savings and downtime avoidance are met.
- Write and administer EAM system-based OEM equipment bulletins and alerts to the fleet as deemed appropriate in accordance with Company policy.
- Audit Maintenance System on a routine basis for correct closure, certification requirements and report content analysis.
- Represent the Company during audits by local authorities. Review certifying authority and 3rd party inspections and respond accordingly.
- Work directly with Class Authorities regarding MODU Survey requirements and timing.
- Liaise with the MODU to establish and maintain effective equipment monitoring programs such as: Oil Condition Monitoring, Condition Based Monitoring, OEM best maintenance practices.
- Work on projects associated with rig upgrades or compliance to Safety Notices. Review the legislation associated with the project, commissioning of the system and assist with a proposal package to the relevant certifying authority.
- Required to be on call out of office hours.
- This position will require 25% travel.
- Perform any other duties as directed by supervisor(s).