Skills: QA / QC / Inspection
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
This role is delegated the responsibility for leading the quality program for all product lines within Singapore site, as Baker Hughes improves its processes, procedures, and operating performance.
The Singapore Quality Leader reports directly to plant manager and indirectly to the Global Quality Leader. This role typically has direct reports.
- Own, manage and monitor quality related programs and activities as required within their site, covering all processes within the site (including but not limited to ITO, OTR, Manufacturing, and Services)
- Drive quality cross-functionally between the local teams to resolve quality issues and drive long-term quality improvements. Own the CI, CIR, COQ, TRS, QMS, and NPS requirements within the site.
- Drive quick and effective closure of any assigned CIRs, Audit Findings, RCAs/NCAs, and CAPA cases. Responsible for achieving their site's case closure within 90 days.
- Drive customer interventions, develop Failure Modes and Effect Analysis (FMEA), and initiate/drive corrective actions and preventive actions (CAPAs) within the site to closure.
- Be the interface between the site leadership team, regional and/or global teams, and (as required) customers and third parties on all quality issues.
- Own the site's Quality Management System (QMS) and documentation, including the QMS policies, procedures, and work instructions covering all processes within the site.
- Support Green Belt employees within their site in executing the Lean Six Sigma strategy for breakthrough levels of improvement in customer satisfaction, process capability and quality. Promote engagement from all functions.
- Responsible for COQ targets within the site, and identify actions required to reduce COQ.
- Manage technical and regulatory compliance efforts within the site.
- Work with the customers to gain real-time "Voice of Customer" (VOC). Become a strong advocate for the customer, implementing Net Promoter Score (NPS) mentality, establishing baselines, and driving improvements in customer satisfaction.
- Provide leadership for site's QA/QC operations, QMS, and PQEs; participate on project meetings, highlight key quality issues, and drive Quality accountability within Singapore site with leadership team.
- Be focal point for all internal and external audits; coordinate other Quality resources to best support audit efforts.
- Own ISO and API certification renewals; understand requirements for certification renewal, timing, and own all improvement actions necessary to obtain re-certifications.
- Manage Quality resources within the site to ensure each product line and function is adequately covered. Periodically plan the distribution of the resources and provide direction to move Quality resources to cover certain area of focus as and when required.
- Focus and drive projects to reduce the business Cost of Quality (COQ).
- Lead continuous improvement and Lean Six Sigma projects to improve business processes.
- Perform duties as an internal quality auditor and RCA leader.
- Lead by example. Promote the Quality message, both internally and externally.
- Perform other duties as required/requested by their manager.
Qualifications / Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college
- At least 5 years of experience in Quality organization, with 2-3 years in QA/QC role
- Experience with a Quality Management system; proven ability in procedure and work instructions writing
- Experience with Quality auditors, ISO and API standards
- Experience with Lean Six Sigma methodology
- Proven track record in implementing change
- Fluent in English, both written and oral
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Prior leadership experience
- Lean Six Sigma Green Belt certification
- Statistically literate and familiar with quality concepts and tools
- Able to make executive level presentations
- Ability to meet objectives by influencing and engaging others globally as required
- Quality and cost driven
- Benoi Singapore , SG
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization
Baker Hughes is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more