Skills: Reservoir Engineering
Experience: 15 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
OPERATED OFFSHORE OIL FIELD DEVELOPMENT
SR. RESERVOIR ENGINEER
Primary Purpose of Job
Lead integrated reservoir studies of the QP operated oil fields to optimize field development plans. Contribute and lead the construction and updating of reservoir simulation modelling and reservoir / well performance data analysis. Contribute to reservoir surveillance, infill and workover programs, well planning, reservoir management activities and field annual reviews. Formulate detailed integrated development plans for both developed and undeveloped hydrocarbon resources. Perform annual reserves review and generate long-term production/injection forecasts. Identify key reservoir and development uncertainties and recommend mitigation plans. Work closely with team to progress studies, and report progress and results to management, answer queries and present findings as needed. Provide on-the-job training for young engineers.
BSc in Engineering (preferably in Petroleum Engineering) or Applied Sciences.
Experience & Skills
• Minimum 15 years work experience as a Reservoir Engineer in the Oil and Gas industry with demonstrated reservoir studies expertise in large oil and gas fields, emphasizing mature carbonate oil fields under water-flood and oil rim development.
• Significant experience in constructing numerical reservoir simulation models from initialization to history matching and field development planning.
• Advanced experience in PVT and SCAL, with implementation in simulation models.
• Experience in complex and advanced reservoir simulation techniques (faults/fractures, dual porosity, compositional..etc).
• Experience in transient well test interpretation, material balance modelling, wellbore dynamics modeling and performance, well planning, and reservoir monitoring.
• Must be familiar with reserves evaluation, classification and booking (SPE PRMS or SEC standards).
• Working knowledge of uncertainty analysis and risk assessment and management
• Strong teamwork experience in a multicultural environment. Must be fluent in spoken and written English with ability to communicate effectively with peers, less experienced staff and management.
• Must have experience mentoring less experienced engineers.
• Knowledge in EOR techniques in particular miscible/immiscible gas injection.
• Desirable to working knowledge of gas condensate reservoir, gas recycling schemes, and gas field development experience.
• MSc in Petroleum Engineering or Applied Sciences.
Software Knowledge Experience
• Simulation - Eclipse 100/300 • Petrel RE • Fluid property modelling - PVTi, PVTSim
• Material balance - MBAL • Wellbore dynamics modelling - PROSPER • Well test interpretation - Saphir • Reservoir surveillance - OFM
• Using uncertainty software such as MEPO is a plus.
Qatar Petroleum is an integrated national oil company (NOC) responsible for the sustainable development of the oil and gas industry in Qatar and beyond.
Qatar Petroleum’s activities encompass the entire spectrum of the oil and gas value chain locally, regionally, and internationally, and include the exploration, refining, production, marketing and sales of oil and gas, liquefied natural gas (LNG), natural gas liquids (NGL), gas to liquids (GTL) products, refined products, petrochemicals, fertilizers, steel and aluminum.
Qatar Petroleum is committed to contribute to a better future by meeting today’s economic needs, while safeguarding our environment and resources for generations to come. Thriving on innovation and excellence, Qatar Petroleum is bound to the highest levels of sustainable human, socio-economic, and environmental development in Qatar and beyond.
For more information, please visit www.qp.com.qa