Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries. Position Summary
Oceaneering thrives by creating industry-changing technically creative solutions for the most complex operational challenges on the surface of the ocean, subsea, on land, and in space.
The Oceaneering Technologies (OTECH) division is looking for top-notch Engineering Interns with a desire to apply their talents towards solving the unsolvable in the marine environment. The successful engineer will be part of a dynamic cross-functional team that will plan, design, develop, integrate, and test world class solutions to meet customer needs. Assignments (some with strict deadlines to meet) will be commensurate with the student's academic background to take advantage of their expertise and provide real life application of their classroom knowledge. Duties & Responsibilities
Duties may include the following:
- Finite Element Analysis (FEA) - SolidWorks Simulation, RISA
- Mechanical Calculations (Manual, Excel, MathCAD)
- Design Modeling (Limited level in SolidWorks)
- Geometric Analysis - SolidWorks/AutoCAD
- Technical Writing (Limited basis in Manuals, Etc.)
- Parts Sorting/Organization for Product Assembly
- Assembly Support (Engineering Liaison)
- Test Monitoring/Documentation (Reports)
- Currently enrolled in a Bachelor's degree program as a rising junior or senior or a Master's degree program.
- Good communication and organizational skills.
- U.S. Citizenship
- Ability to work full-time during defined internship period
- Basic proficiency with Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
Equal Opportunity Employer
- 3.0+ cumulative GPA
- Academic excellence and community involvement
- Familiarity with the application of current engineering software (i.e. SolidWorks, Altium, Matlab, etc).
- Ability to read and interpret mechanical drawings
- Experience with ship hydrostatics
- Experience with ship resistance and propulsion
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other non-merit factors.