Job Description Where you fit in
Shell Trading & Supply Operation (T&SO) is the principal trading, supply, distribution and shipping business within the Shell Group. The Operations Team within Trading and Supply supports the T&S businesses as the execution arm, delivering value through its HSSE focus, by ensuring compliance to standards and controls, through operational excellence and by adding further commercial optimization in conjunction with deal-makers.What's the role?
The Global Project Services Lead is a key member of the T&SO Technical Services Team. The incumbent will report to Global Project lead and acts as a custodian of the Project Services discipline globally and coordinates the establishment of structured project services organizations at Regional level, through outsourcing of relevant activities to Project Services Contractors.
This role provides overall coordination of project services support to the project delivery organizations across the three regions (Americas, EUSA & East) as well as oversees project controls & reporting in accordance with industry-accepted practices, RDS Group requirements and established global TSO reporting process. The successful candidate is responsible for consolidating the project planning and scheduling, cost estimating, control, coordination and reporting process. Accountabilities:
- Ensure the regional project controls teams provide top tier cost controls support for all AI, MM & VG capital projects. Project controls includes cost tracking (actuals and commitments), forecasting, and reporting.
- Embed Project Services policies and procedures to ensure compliance with industry and Shell Group requirements and TSO reporting standards & process.
- Work to improve Project Services processes to support project delivery and stakeholder expectations across the Regions.
- Maintain Capital Project Portfolio and accuracy of project budgets, forecasting, and schedule data, ensuring the accuracy of project cost, estimating, and schedule information and reporting for all active projects.
- On "ad hoc basis" provide estimating & scheduling support for capital projects, with focus on producing competitive and accurate project cost estimates.
- Harmonize and provide guidance across the Regions for project set-up including creation of project cost structures, implementation of interfaces to SAP, interfaces to Primavera or similar industry tool, data migration, user training and on-boarding of users.
- Support Regional teams to manage data accuracy in the SAP Project WBS structure and provide guidance and controls for project set up and work order/purchase order commitments.
- Provide oversight & direction to regional project controls teams & SBO in the execution of their roles and responsibilities.
- Coordinating Global Capex Latest Estimate reviews and ensure robust process is established at Regional level leasing with Global Capital FN team.
- Assure regional project services teams maintain/develop monthly individual project cost reports and perform monthly reviews/challenge with project managers.
- Provide Finance department accurate financial data for regulatory & RDS Group mandated reporting.
- Provide routine and ad hoc reports to the GM Engineering & Global Engineering Leadership Team including major project reporting monthly.
- Serve as T&SOE representative in the Global Projects Services Network, supporting Shell's Project Controls Community and ensuring alignment with Shell project reporting procedures and requirements.
- Cultivate and maintain relationships with project services counterparts in Upstream, Downstream, and P&T to leverage best practices and shared learning.
- Support assigned business improvement activities, benchmarking exercise, incorporating the requirements of the Project Controls Community and the recommendations of the Independent Projects Analysis group (IPA)
Shell is a global group of energy and petrochemical companies with about 84,000 employees across more than 70 countries. We aim to meet the world's growing need for more and cleaner energy solutions in ways that are economically, environmentally and socially responsible. We have expertise in exploration, production, refining and marketing of oil and natural gas, and the manufacturing and marketing of chemicals. As a global energy company operating in a challenging world, we set high standards of performance and ethical behaviors. We are judged by how we act and how we live up to our core values of honesty, integrity and respect for people. Our Business Principles are based on these. They promote trust, openness, teamwork and professionalism, as well as pride in what we do and how we conduct business. Building on our core values, we aspire to sustain a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone feels respected and valued, from our employees to our customers and partners. A diverse workforce and an inclusive work environment are vital to our success, leading to greater innovation and better energy solutions.An innovative place to work
There's never been a more exciting time to work at Shell. Everyone here is helping solve one of the biggest challenges facing the world today: bringing the benefits of energy to everyone on the planet, whilst managing the risks of climate change.
Join us and you'll add your talent and imagination to a business with the power to shape the future - whether by investing in renewables, exploring new ways to store energy or developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficiently.An inclusive place to work
To power progress together, we need to attract and develop the brightest minds and make sure every voice is heard. Here are just some of the ways we're nurturing an inclusive environment - one where you can express your ideas, extend your skills and reach your potential...
A rewarding place to work
- We're creating a space where people with disabilities can excel through transparent recruitment process, workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Feel free to let us know about your circumstances when you apply, and we'll take it from there.
- We're closing the gender gap - whether that's through action on equal pay or by enabling more women to reach senior roles in engineering and technology.
- We're striving to be a pioneer of an inclusive and diverse workplace, promoting equality for employees regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity.
- We consider ourselves a flexible employer and want to support you finding the right balance. We encourage you to discuss this with us in your application.
Combine our creative, collaborative environment and global operations with an impressive range of benefits and joining Shell becomes an inspired career choice.
We're huge advocates for career development. We'll encourage you to try new roles and experience new settings. By pushing people to reach their potential, we frequently help them find skills they never knew they had, or make career moves they never thought possible.Requirements What we need from you
- Must have legal authorization to work in the US on a full-time basis for anyone other than current employer.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or Construction Management required.
- 10+ Years Project Services experience or equivalent, preferably in the distribution terminal industry.
- Previous experience as a Project Controls Leader is preferred.
- Experience utilizing SAP work breakdown structure to extract project cost data and integrating with Cost, Forecasting and Scheduling tools.
- Experience utilizing Primavera project cost and scheduling processes.
- Excellent stakeholder management skills and the ability to communicate across all levels of the organization.
- Self-motived and can work independently on several issues simultaneously.
- Good knowledge of the inter-disciplinary engineering fundamentals as applied to Terminals and Depots.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell participates in E-Verify.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, citizenship, genetic information or other protected status under federal, state or local laws.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability.