Project management, process design, and architectural solutioning. Oversee server installations, troubleshooting and defining the architecture of the RPA solution. Guardian of the end-to-end performance
- Using provided business requirements, architect and design robotic automation solutions using industry; has an awareness of industry best practices along with the ability to suggest innovation and automation improvements
- Diagram and document the automation solutions in a detailed and well-organized manor.
- Ensure development teams clearly understand the design and are able to understand the development methodology to deliver the solution.
- Mentor staff-level developers on coding best practices and serve as a technical escalation point during development.
- Lead code reviews, providing and receiving constructive feedback to improve overall code quality.
- Design, develop, and configure Robotic Process Automation (RPA) software systems to meet business process and application requirements.
- Design and implement "helper" elements to improve automation performance and re-use (e.g. runtime configurations / settings).
- Complete thorough testing of automation in training/production environments.
- Ability to understand a business process from a workflow diagram and to conceptualize it as an automated solution.
- Assists, with supervision, in engaging with process owners to understand processes and to identify and assess appropriate automation use cases
- Works with functional leaders to gain an understanding of business imperatives
- Assists with the process of translating business requirements into various appropriately documented deliverables such as functional design specification, use cases, and workflow/processes diagrams
- Assists in the creation of assessments and prioritizations of automation opportunities
- Assists in calculating and documenting a return on investment analysis for automations
- Collaborates with multi-functional and virtual teams across IT, business operational functions, and vendors to review current project activities, prioritization of work, communicate status, and escalate automation-related issues
- Assists with a module of a larger project or takes the lead on a smaller project
- Create, document, and execute test procedures and scenarios for pre-UAT (user acceptance test) phases, with supervision
- Provides support to end users during UAT and debugging root causes of any issues
- Assists in the transition to new processes where applicable
- Supports the effective communication between the RPA (robotic process automation) organization and the business functions
- Has an awareness of new technologies including robotic process automation, chatbots, blockchain, digitalization, IoT, machine learning, etc.
- Seeks ways to apply business technology to business processes
- Bachelor degree or higher in Computer Science or related degree-preferred but not required.
- 8 to 12 years of experience
- Experience with design and development of RPA automations (or Automated Software Testing) in a larger organization.
- Experience in architecting automation solutions per specification documents
- Experience in performing code reviews with automation developers to ensure adherence to solution design.
- Strong hands-on ability to coach team leads and developers in automation design.
- Excellent communication skills, including ability to write concise technical docs and present ideas.
- A passion for automation software design with a talent for independently solving complex technical problems with Automation Anywhere.
- Demonstrated ability to work with international teams supporting automation development.
- Technical expertise and advanced experience with UiPath
- Experience with databases (SQL or noSQL), ETL, and Tableau development a plus
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization
Baker Hughes is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more