Baltimore, Maryland, United States
Baltimore, Maryland, United States
Skills: Engineering Technician, Project Engineer, Gas Plant Operations
Experience: 6 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Baltimore, Maryland, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Located in region: North America
At Exelon, we've got a place for you!
Join the nation's leading competitive energy provider, with one of the largest electricity generation portfolios and retail customer bases in the country. You will be part of a family of companies that strives for the highest standards of power generation, competitive energy sales, and energy delivery. Our team of outstanding professionals is focused on performance, thought leadership, innovation, and the power of ideas that come from a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Exelon will provide you the tools and resources you need to design, build and enhance a successful career. We are also dedicated to motivating the success of our employees through competitive base salary, incentives, and health and retirement benefits.
Join Exelon and share your passion at a forward-thinking Fortune 100 company. Establish yourself in a place where you can truly shine and create a brighter, more sustainable tomorrow. Energize your career at Exelon!
We are seeking talented engineers to support the operation of our Natural Gas Peaking Plants and our Natural Gas Gate stations in a team environment. Join the team that ensures safe, reliable delivery of natural gas to our 700,000 customers, 365 days a year.
You will act as the technical lead on larger capital projects and as the project engineer on smaller capital improvement projects. You will be involved in a wide range of projects that include upgrades and new installations of plant and process equipment (compressors, turbines, valves, piping, vessels, fans, pumps, heat exchangers, motors, switchgear, motor control centers, fire protection, safety monitoring equipment, and a wide range of instrumentation.)
Experience in the utility or petrochemical industry is a plus, but not required. A strong commitment to safety is required.
Develops and/or leads teams in studies, plans, criteria, specifications, calculations, evaluations, design documents, performance assessments, integrated systems analysis, cost estimates, budgets, associated with the planning, design, licensing, construction, operation, and maintenance of Exelon's electric generation, transmission, distribution, gas and telecommunication facilities/systems. Provides consultation and recommendations to the Company within and to other business units and/or customers as a result of studying company or customer-owned systems, processes, equipment, vehicles or facilities. Reviews financial data from budget and actual costs of projects.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Leads and performs engineering tasks associated with a critical or analytical engineering project or a small number of complex projects that require specialized knowledge in many areas.
- Participates in department planning, provide budget recommendations and monitor performance for the accomplishment of committed results.
- Serves as an expert in specialized area.
- Provides recommendations and implements action plans to improve performance and cost effectiveness.
- Participates in technical and industry societies and committees to enhance knowledge of new technologies or issues in areas of company interest.
- Ability to analyze and interpret complex electrical and mechanical systems.
- Knowledge of engineering designs, principles and practices.
- Thorough knowledge and experience in unique areas of engineering expertise.
- Ability to apply advanced engineering principles to identify and resolve complex issues.
- Lead Member of a recognized industry committee OR
-(2) License must be issued by the state in which you are practicing.
-(4) Career related experiences is defined as changes in technical job responsibilities and does not have to include a change in department
- Licensed Professional Engineer (2) (3)
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Applies technical knowledge to help promote a safe work environment and to enhance customer satisfaction