We have a new opportunity for an Expert, Product Value Chain to join the Formulated Products Technology (FPT) team in Pangbourne.
This role is an experienced senior level role responsible for overseeing and managing the relationship building and engagements with stakeholders within the product value chain to provide assurance on BP products globally regarding compliance to international product regulatory requirements through ensuring execution of product stewardship processes. These stakeholders may include suppliers, customers/OEMs, new technology/business partners, government authorities or agencies, trade associations and non-governmental organisations.The role responsible for strategically aligning stakeholder engagements with BP businesses and to further develop and ensure implementation of new product stewardship processes to deliver on the expectations of stakeholders as well as communicating and managing BP business expectations with stakeholders. The focus would be on co-creating sustainable solutions for product stewardship challenges with all stakeholders.Key Accountabilities
Essential Skills & Experience
- Identify our key stakeholders aligned with BP business priorities and maintain the stakeholder map.
- Develop and maintain an understanding of key stakeholder business criticality, determine and maintain stakeholder expectations and develop relationship building and stakeholder engagement plan which are communicated and aligned with BP business strategic priorities.
- Develop and manage a stakeholder management procedure including product stewardship processes to provide assurance on BP products globally regarding compliance to international product regulatory requirements.
- Ensuring execution of product stewardship processes in relation to stakeholder expectation with clear roles and responsibilities and appropriately planned resources.
- Ensure that all engagement takes place in accordance with an agreed plan and is reviewed and monitored regularly.
- Ensure that engagement of key stakeholders involves communication of activities, consultations on processes that would deliver on expectations and participation in developing solutions for product stewardship challenges which should be implemented through a structured engagement plan that will ensure that requirements are understood and all parties are aligned on how to meet these expectations.
- Stakeholder requirements should be included in the GPS strategic objectives.
- Product Stewardship performance and stakeholder results are monitored, measured, reported and reviewed to determine whether stakeholder requirements were met.
- Ensure that GPS fully understands the needs and requirements of the key customers and their industry sectors through active engagement with our suppliers and their relevant industry sectors we are able to deliver relevant data and information which enables BP as well as our customers to gain regulatory product compliance. This can be done through relevant industry associations where not managed directly.
- Enable GPS and actively supports the BP businesses to offer new products to our customers.
- Stay up-to-date with new/emerging/changing international chemical control, product hazard communication and other relevant legislation and determine the impact on stakeholder expectations and incorporate into stakeholder engagement plans.
- A University Degree in Chemistry (preferred) or other equivalent science (e.g. Biology, Toxicology, Safety or Industrial Hygiene)
- Extensive experience in ensuring compliance to international chemical control or other relevant legislation and working within the product value chain to implement product stewardship.
- Strong interpersonal skills and management capabilities of teams in the implementation of stakeholder engagement plans and assurance processes.
- Strong communication skills for internal and external stakeholder communications
- Ability to identify and manage the regulatory landscape within which the business is operating, read, understand and interpret complex technical, legislative and regulatory information and linking it with stakeholder expectations.
- The ability to make independent contributions on a regular basis and self-initiate work activities.