Skills: Drilling Manager
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Salary: Up to £65000 per annum + Payments for training away from home
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Raeburn Recruitment are assisting our Client, a specialist training provider within the Oil & Gas industry, with a permanent requirement for a Well & Completions Instructor based in Aberdeen.
This role would suit someone with a proven track record in the disciplines of Well Intervention and Completions including Subsea. Your primary duties will include:
- The research, development, maintenance and delivery of a wide range of specialist technical training courses for the company and their global network
- Researching subject matter (Coiled Tubing, Electric Line, Fishing, Cement, Slickline and Workovers)
- Advising on all technical solutions
- Preparing reports as well as teaching material (PowerPoint, case studies, worked examples etc) to a high standard of technical content
- Determining suitable technical solutions and delivering high quality instruction of existing or prepared training to company standards
- Assessing students in a classroom or practical simulator environment to the standards required by the company and/or their accrediting organisations
- Undertaking coaching and competency assessment of operational crews both in the classroom and rig-site
- Supporting, developing and improving of company courses and associated course material
- Monitoring the outcomes from each course delivered and impletement necessary changes in teaching methodology and course materials to ensure technical integrity and continuous improvement
- Engaging with the Business Development Team and Customer to ensure that training courses meet or surpass customer requirements
- Engaging with industry bodies and customers to identify any training needs and opportunities
To be considered for this role you should be able to demonstrate:
- A proven track record in the disciplines of Well Intervention and Completions including Subsea
- Extensive exposure working for Oil & Gas Operators and/or Tier 1 Service Companies
- Knowledge and experience of all areas of Interventions including Coiled Tubing, Electric Line, Fishing, Cementing, Slickline and Workovers
- Experience of writing Well Intervention & Completions programmes for the UKCS and/or international campaigns
- Familiarity with both onshore engineering and offshore supervision
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to engage with students
- An understanding of writing course content including e-learning modules is desirable
The Well & Completions Instructor will be required to travel to international locations to meet the needs of the business, therefore experience working in a global capacity would be highly advantageous when considering this role
All industry required competency certification including a valid IWCF Level 4 certification must be provided on request.
Only those with the Right to Work in the UK should apply. Raeburn do not have the ability to provide visa sponsorship, therefore current valid ability to work in the UK is required.