Skills: Corrosion Engineering
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Pecos, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Overview / Responsibilities
Looking for a long-term career opportunity? Come join Wood as a Corrosion Technician in Midland, TX. Wood offers health benefits, 401k, vacation, LTD/STD.
Authorization to work lawfully in the US without sponsorship from Wood is required
- Execute external, internal, and atmospheric corrosion control practices to maintain the integrity of the pipeline. The candidate must have a strong commitment to safety and environmental policies.
- Responsible for all facets of field executed corrosion duties, as well as assisting in the pre-construction design processes to mitigate foreseen corrosion problem areas. Assist in creating and maintaining corrosion control records for company use as well as for regulatory use or compliance. This is an extremely "hands-on" position requiring field work and the ability to support the field on an after-hours, on-call basis.
Skills / Qualifications
- Basic understanding of pipeline gathering systems and External and Internal maintenance practices Read and decipher alignment sheets, aerial imagery, and mapping
- Understand the principals of gas flow and hydraulics Familiar with current Federal and State DOT Pipeline regulations and the ability to stay updated with new policies Display good troubleshooting skills and solve technical issues in a timely manner
- Minimum NACE Level I Certified or 2
#ZR #RZ #WOOD14
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.