Skills: Environmental, Safety & Training
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Watford City, North Dakota, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting for a HSE Specialist to join our team in Watford City, ND. You will be responsible for providing safety leadership to management and employees.
Authorization to work lawfully in the US without sponsorship from Wood is required
- Provide safety leadership to management and employees to include OSHA standards and compliance strategies, DOT Compliance Requirements and Client's policies and standards
- Perform tasks in a wide range of environmental, health and safety disciplines to achieve compliance with the organization's EH&S standards and with federal and state regulatory requirements
- Assists in the development, implementation and maintenance of programs, systems and procedures necessary to ensure the overall safety and health of employees and the community
- Assists in monitoring and preventing chemical, physical and biological hazards and diseases that could be present in the work area
- Works with others to investigate accidents, injuries, and complaints concerning hazards or uncomfortable conditions in the work place
- Participates in recommending improvements in processes, design, procedures, and operating equipment, to minimize the hazardous potential
- Ensures HSE excellence through training, involvement in behavior based programs, auditing of management and safety systems, rig inspections, gathering and trending leading and trailing indicators, and participation in the incident investigation & reporting processes
- Be a functional expert in most health, safety, and environmental disciplines
- Provide guidance, regulatory interpretation, and assists with procedure development for a variety of HSE issues
Skills / Qualifications
- 5 - 7 years of experience
- Requires a strong understanding of discipline.
- Able to apply knowledge and experience to complex problems and develop recommendations.
- Make decisions within broad parameters.
- Act as an informal resource for others with less experience.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.