Houston, Texas, United States
Houston, Texas, United States
Skills: Subsea Engineer, Well Intervention, Well Servicing & Testing
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Operation, Installation, and maintenance of Lightwell Intervention System and other BHGE related equipment within the employee's discipline.
In the role of Field Service Technician - Lightwell Intervention Systems, you will:
- Perform Site Integration Testing per internal work instructions and/or project requirements under guidance of Field Service Supervisor (FSS)
- Support Onshore engineering with the review of operation and maintenance procedures
- Attend client meetings when required
- Support the FSS in the installation and testing of equipment at client's worksite
- Be responsible for the operation of the equipment while at the client's worksite under the guidance of the FSS
- Perform the required maintenance, testing and inventory control of the equipment while at the worksite internal work instructions and/or project requirements under the guidance of the FSS
- Support the completion of operational reporting documentation as per project requirements
- Stand in for the FSS when required. In addition, personnel must be able to perform simplified duties both onshore and offshore on an independent level with training
- Promote and ensure compliance to company and regulatory EHS requirements & expectations at all time
- Promote and ensure compliance to company and regulatory Quality management systems at all time
- Assist in planning of shipping equipment offshore
- Ability to safely deploy to remote geographic assignment locations - onshore and offshore locations with limited access to medical care, which may require 4 hours (or more) travel time to reach secondary level medical care
- Associates degree from an accredited college or university (OR high school diploma/GED from an accredited school or institution and a minimum of 4 years' experience in the operation and maintenance of Riserless and riser based Lightwell Intervention systems and IWOCs with consideration given if also experienced in Wellheads, X-trees and subsea test trees
- Minimum 2-year experience in the operation and maintenance of Riserless and riser based Lightwell Intervention systems and IWOCs with consideration given if also experienced in Houston TX 77086-3216 Wellheads, X-trees and subsea test trees
- Eligibility Requirements:
- Work overtime, weekends and holidays, as required
- Work in a constant pushing, pulling, lifting, stretching, bending and other physical activities
- Be in the shop environment a minimum of 8 hours per day, primarily standing and sitting, as required
- Lift objects weighing up to 50 lbs.
- Be subjected to extreme heat for extended periods of time
- Undergo Periodic fitness for duty tests, examinations, and/or certifications will be required for onshore/offshore remote location assignments
- To the extent that you are applying for a position that requires you to operate a GE owned / leased or rented vehicle for company business, you must be willing to submit to a check of your driving record
- Manage written and orally English as a working language
- Basic knowledge of drilling and production processes related to tools
- Basic knowledge of installations processes
- Be able to perform e.g. troubleshooting and repair work on the spot
- PC Literate: Word, Excel, PowerPoint and other similar packages.
- Finished theoretical training or equal to Norway module.
- Good knowledge of product and equipment
- Houston, TX
Set up in 2008, ersg is a specialist energy recruitment company placing highly experienced candidates into the energy sector on a Contract, Permanent and Fixed Term Contract basis. We build global candidate pools for our clients that give them access to the best active and passive specialist candidates in the world.
We pride ourselves on sourcing the best contract and permanent staff for our clients based in the UK, Europe and beyond. Over the years, we've developed an expertise across a range of areas such as Onshore & Offshore Wind Energy, Smart Energy & Utilities, Well Engineering, Subsea & Marine and Power & Nuclear, to name but a few.