The Project Engineer plans and supports the tender request from a technical stand point. He or she will develop and execute phases of larger projects or a total project of moderate complexity. The projects will estimate $1-3 million dollars in size.Essential Responsibilities:
Will be the lead engineer on challenging projects and must be capable of working independently.
As a project leader, this person could recommend and implements design improvements in the production process and some construction management duties.
Will develop, communicate and execute project plans.
Reviews progress and evaluates results.
Plans and assigns personnel for given projects or tasks.
Recommend changes in procedures and operates with some latitude in making autonomous decisions.
Handles special projects as assigned.Authorities
All employees are authorised to STOP WORK if potential risk of Quality, EHS and Compliance is found.
- They are not trained and/or competent to conduct a task
- Safety risk assessments and/or procedures are not available
- Equipment to complete a task is not available and/or correctly maintained
- There is a potential to cause environmental damage
- Regulations or EHS standards will be breached
- You see any unsafe condition or practice
As per above.Qualification/Requirements
- 3-5+ years experience of Capital Project management experience within an Industrial Chemical Plant setting.
- Bachelor's Degree required, preferably in Mechanical or Chemical Engineering
- Must have hands on field management experience
- Extreme detail oriented
- Strong Technical writing skills
- Must have strong CAD experience
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision
- Proficient in MS Project and MS Office Suite
- Must have a current passport and be willing and able to travel internationally up to 50% of the time
- Must be action oriented, ethical, and have a strong customer focus
- Excellent communication skills.
- Align to Baker Hughes Beliefs
- Align to EHS Policy
- Align to Quality Policy
: Singapore, Singapore
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization.
Baker Hughes is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of staff so classified. All staff may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed People are a key part of our success and how we do business hence we invest in our 64,000+ employees in over 120 countries. Fostering a diverse and inclusive workforce is not just the right thing to do, but critical to achieving a competitive advantage.