Role Summary / Purpose
This role is delegated the responsibility to lead and accountable to the overall manufacturing process of the product/equipment to ensure optimized production and on-time-delivery, closely working with Project Management Team, Sourcing, Supplier Quality and Quality. To work with This role entails supervising and directing the technical personnel responsible for every stage of production to ensure manufacture of high quality and cost-effective products and oversees the planning and organization of a production process and ensure availability of necessary material, equipment, and labor resources required for the project. In addition, there is an expectation on this role to ensure manufacturing and production personnel comply with the company's Health, Safety and Environmental (HSE), Quality and Integrity policies when carrying out job duties. This role has direct reports from Manufacturing and shop planning while Materials Planning and Quality Controls will be operationally dotted line reporting to this role and functionally direct reporting to the respective Materials Leader and QC Leader.Responsibilities
Qualifications / Requirements
- Own, manage and monitor HSE, Quality related programs and activities as required within the site.
- Drive strong HSE and Quality compliant culture across-functionally between the teams to resolve HSE, quality issues and drive long-term improvements and solutions.
- Ensure production complies with established In-House VGS, ISO and API quality control specifications and standards.
- Review and approve delegated and assigned work schedules and tasks to technical employees.
- Monitoring and supervising the activities of production personnel to ensure effective performance of job duties.
- Oversee the regulation of work shift to ensure proper workload distribution.
- Oversee the hiring, orienting, and training of technical production employees to ensure a competent workforce.
- Motivates the manufacturing team to achieve set objectives and targets with rewards and recognitions for an achievement.
- Organize training programs to enhance personnel job skill and knowledge.
- Review and approve maintenance of production equipment and machines to ensure efficient operations.
- Prepare and review cost estimates and budget required for manufacturing project proposal.
- Design and implement plans for the effective use of material and labor resources to achieve manufacturing target.
- Conduct studies and research to discover a more effective approach to production.
- Drive lean behaviour in our planning and manufacturing teams. Promote Kaizan in our manufacturing to drive improvements.
- Implement action plans to ensure a cost-effective and high-quality production.
- Analyze and provide solutions to manufacturing challenges or problems.
- Conduct assessments to identify mechanical and procedural limitations that minimize work efficiency.
- Monitor and control a production process to adjust operations in event of a problem.
- Supervise the operations of manufacturing personnel to ensure a manufacturing process is within budget and time schedule.
- Liaise with other functional leaders such as Quality Leader and Warehouse leader to ensure finished products are of the best quality upon delivery.
- Focus and drive projects delivery and reduce the manufacturing Cost of Quality (COQ).
- Bachelor's degree in Industrial, Mechanical or Materials Engineering from an accredited university or college.
- Post Graduate degree in business, operations or project management will be an added advantage.
- At least 10 years of experience in a manufacturing organization, with 2-3 years in shop operations role.
- Experience with an Operations Management system; proven ability to analyse reports and provide resolutions.
- Proficiency in Project Management Skills and Organizational Skills will be an added advantage.
- Experience with ISO and API standards.
- Experience and strong passion in Lean Six Sigma.
- Proven track record in implementing change and management of change.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Fluent in English, both written and oral.
Location : Singapore, Singapore
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Prior leadership experience
- Lean Six Sigma Green/Black Belt certification preferred
- Statistically literate and familiar with operations concepts and tools
- Able to make executive level presentations
- Ability to meet objectives by influencing and engaging others globally as required
- Safety, Quality, Delivery and Cost Driven
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization.
Baker Hughes is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more