Skills: Manufacturing Engineering, Mechanical Engineering
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Role Summary / Purpose
The individual needs to demonstrate the technical competencies and leadership skills in managing the tooling and fixtures use in Manufacturing and Pressure Testing. This role needs to plan, coordinate and ensure the validity, functionality and supply of the tool and fixture to support and meet the production schedules. He/She has to ensure the procurement and replacement of the spares for the tool and fixture or new sets of tool and fixture are of the desired quality requirements meeting the Global Baker Hughes HSE requirements and with valid traces from suppliers.
- To ensure the tools and fixtures used in the facility for manufacturing of the oil & gas equipment are in serviceable condition and complied to the Global Baker Hughes HSE requirements.
- Work with Engineering to ensure the design and drawings of the test fixtures are compliant to the Global Baker Hughes HSE Requirements.
- Work closely with the Manufacturing Engineering Team to ensure the selected tool and fixtures meets the equipment FAT or EFAT requirements
- Coordinate the procurement, fabrication, validation and functional verification of the tools and fixtures before releasing to the shops for production.
- Document and review all supplied verifications, validation and traces of tools and fixtures.
- Work closely with Manufacturing Engineering to determine the best appropriate preservation techniques or methods to prevent oxidation and corrosion of the tools and fixtures.
- Manage the tool and fixture inventory and storage.
- Ensure periodic servicing, inspection and verifications to be carried out on the fixtures.
- Follow up repairs and replacement for worn or non-serviceable components.
- To manage the repair, replacement and verification costs within the tooling budget
Qualifications / Requirements
- Degree in Mechanical, Industrial or Materials Engineering.
- Basic tool & fixture design knowledge
- Green Belt certification is preferred
- Minimum 5 years of working experience in Manufacturing as Manufacturing Engineer
- Manufacturing processes knowledge is a must.
- Experience in Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Ability to influence others and lead small teams.
- Lead initiatives of moderate scope and impact.
- Ability to coordinate several projects simultaneously.
- Effective problem identification and solution skills.
- Proven analytical and organizational ability.
- Positive Attitude
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization.
Baker Hughes is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more