Skills: Manufacturing Engineering, Materials Management , Workshop
Experience: 4 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Role Summary / Purpose
The individual needs to demonstrate leadership skills in managing projects and people. The individual needs to plan, coordinate and control the flow of materials from manufacturing floor and suppliers according to the production schedules. Ensure quarterly build plan commitment are met and the orders are executed on time to meet customer due dates.
- Ensure operational alignment with production plan and KPIs.
- Review and approve Sales Order (SO) prior to releasing to operation. Ensure SO changes in Variation Order (VO) are incorporated into operation activities. Setting and maintaining Manufacturing Due Date (MDD) in system.
- Manage Master Production Schedule (MPS) & firm Master Level Item (MLI) planned orders
- Define Bill of Material (BOM) releases with Engineering
- Monitor order status
- Attend project meetings
- Communicate order status to Commercial Operations (CommOps)
- Regular quality review, Inspection Test Plan (ITP) and Special Quality Requirement (SQR) changes.
- Coordinate the master production schedule for a plant site and ensure a consistent handoff of planning information to the production work cells
- Interface with CommOps and Manufacturing cells to track production progress
- Ensure that the master schedule and production schedules are synchronized
- Coordinate plant prioritization of activities to achieve delivery of regional revenue. Own ISO and API certification renewals; understand requirements for certification renewal, timing, and own all improvement actions necessary to obtain re-certifications.
- Manage Quality resources within the site to ensure each product line and function is adequately covered. Periodically plan the distribution of the resources and provide direction to move Quality resources to cover certain area of focus as and when required.
- Focus and drive projects to reduce the business Cost of Quality (COQ).
- Lead continuous improvement and Lean Six Sigma projects to improve business processes.
- Perform duties as an internal quality auditor and RCA leader.
- Lead by example. Promote the Quality message, both internally and externally.
- Perform other duties as required/requested by their manager.
Qualifications / Requirements
- BS/BA Degree (preferably in engineering) or experiences in similar role.
- APICS qualified or similar.
- Green Belt certification preferred
- Minimum 4 years of experience in Manufacturing
- Knowledge of Enterprise Resource Planning systems (ERP)
- Manufacturing and planning processes knowledge is a must.
- Experience in Microsoft Excel, Word and Powerpoint
- Oil & Gas industry background.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Ability to influence others and lead small teams.
- Lead initiatives of moderate scope and impact.
- Ability to coordinate several projects simultaneously.
- Effective problem identification and solution skills.
- Proven analytical and organizational ability.
- Positive Attitude
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization.
Baker Hughes is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more