Reporting to the Finance Manager and working closely with the business, this role will lead and direct the accounting function within Asia Pacific region.
- Lead the monthly and annual financial close process including but not limited to preparation, review and approval of journals, balance sheet reconciliations, trend analyses and business commentaries.
- Collaborate with the business on revenue recognition and customer contract reviews
- Ensure all corporate and statutory reporting requirements are completed in an accurate and timely manner
- Maintain strong and effective internal controls in accounting and business processes
- Drive functional excellence in accounting operations. Actively seek feedback from the business and strive to continuously improve the quality of accounting support.
- Be a change agent and drive a culture of continuous process improvement within the team
- Work with counterparts in other regions towards consistent and streamlined accounting processes both within Eastern Hemisphere and with corporate office
- Focal point-of-contact for all accounting related matters with internal and external stakeholders including banks, auditors and other regulatory bodies.
- Super-user of Epicor system for GL, AR and AP modules
- Supervise, coach and develop Accounts Executives
- Manage finance records in accordance with statutory and internal record retention requirements/guidelines
- Participate in ad hoc projects as assigned. Immediate focus areas include cash optimisation, business performance metrics/KPIs and transition to paperless transactional processes.
- Qualified CA with minimum 8 years of regional finance experience with an MNC, including at least 3 years of supervisory experience.
- Working knowledge of US GAAP and FRS reporting. Familiarity with Chinese Accounting Standards (CAS) a plus.
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to collaborate and communicate effectively with different levels of internal and external stakeholders.
- Independent and self-motivated. Ability to balance a hands-on role with decision making responsibilities as required of the position.
- ERP system experience (familiarity with Epicor a plus) and proficient with MS Office applications including Advanced Excel, Word and Powerpoint.