Amsterdam, North Holland, Netherlands
Amsterdam, North Holland, Netherlands
Skills: Operations Management, Engineering Manager, Refinery / Plant Operations Supervisor
Other Skills: Business Development, Recruitment, Project Management, Business Management
Experience: 15 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Salary: 150,000 - 300,000 Euros annually
Location: Amsterdam, North Holland, Netherlands
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Located in region: Europe
Director, Europe Operations - Location Flexible within Europe, Preference for Holland
Who is Becht?
Founded in 1964, Becht Engineering is a rapidly-growing, multi-discipline consulting firm relied on by customers to relentlessly solve their most difficult and entrenched problems. We combine vast experience through our network of over 1200 technical experts with both engineering expertise and professional experience. Becht is a company founded on excellence, and as such we seek individuals who want to be part of our passionate and energetic team. We have a track record of 34 years of 16+% average annual growth, and we are looking for the right candidate to help us continue to drive that growth in Europe, as well as worldwide.
Who Do We Want?
While performing work in Europe, Becht does not yet have a physical presence in Europe. We will be establishing that presence in 1Q 2020, and we are recruiting a candidate to lead the European operations and help get it established. The European presence is to help us better serve our European client needs, and to add other clients in Europe. Also, with our very rapid expansion, we continue to need to add technical resources, and we feel that we can add such resources in Europe; such resources can help us provide services worldwide. Becht is seeking an exceptional candidate with broad experience - preferably in the refining industry - and management experience, who wants to take the next step in their career and join our world-class, family-owned organization. We are a rapidly-growing, multi-discipline firm providing engineering and plant services to the energy sector (refining, petrochemical and power generation industries). Many of our clients use Becht as their outsourced central engineering organization. In addition to engineering, we provide a suite of specialized services to our clients related to turnarounds, projects, training, heavy lift, inspection planning, dimensional technologies including laser scanning, etc. All of Becht's services revolve around our mission: To Help Our Clients Succeed.
* Lead the selection and execution of incorporating Becht's business into the European region.
* Spend 4-8 weeks in Becht's offices within the US to gain a better understanding of key personnel, capabilities, business development 'pitch' and other areas.
* Develop a business development strategy in the European region.
* Identify contacts (Plant Sites & Personnel) that already exist within Becht's network and define contacts that you or other closely affiliated independent contractors may know.
- Develop a Top 5 and Top 10 list of clients to pursue based on their alignment with Becht's capabilities and our client preferences.
- Develop an independent advisor recruitment strategy in the European region.
* Provide oversight on European projects and manage European based resources.
* Manage the Becht Europe business unit, which will be a profit center.
Work location is flexible, although at the moment we have a preference for Hollaand. As the Director, Europe Operations, the qualified candidate will drive our core values: one team, one dream; passion & energy; creative & innovative; work hard & have fun; and relentless.
Reporting directly to the President of Becht Engineering, you will be at the forefront of building our European operations and participate in serving our clients' needs.
Build Your Career with Becht Engineering
A creative and innovative work environment isn't all we have to offer! When you join Becht Engineering, you can expect
* A positive, collaborative workforce
* Access to further training and development
* Mentoring programs
* Company and family events such as baseball games, go-karting, and bowling
* Flexible work schedule with the potential to work from home occasionally
* Opportunities that provide stability as well as variety
* Work day events such as birthday lunches
* Community outreach programs such as Red Cross blood drives, group volunteering, and United Way campaigns
* Room to grow your career
* Healthcare, dental, and vision benefits
* Sick days
* Vacation days
Your Knowledge and Expertise
* Outstanding communication skills
* Bachelor's degree or higher in Engineering
* 15+ years' experience in the refining or petrochemical industries
* 5+ years in a consulting role preferred
* Exceptional leadership skills and a relentlessly positive attitude
* Ability to multi-task and adapt to frequently changing priorities
* Strong interpersonal, project management and organizational skills
* Multi-lingual is a plus
Becht Engineering is an Equal Opportunity Employer.