Skills: Mechanical Engineering
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Subsea Intervention ISM responsibility is to Deliver a Service Business that's Scalable, unlocking greater market penetration & Value per well than individual product companies, based on delivering value to customers and shareholders. This role will support the ISM business by providing technical leadership in customer engagement for light well intervention scopes of work. These scopes will range from small single well projects to multi well multi-client campaigns. The Applications Engineer will work across the ISM business and Engineering functional groups leveraging the people, equipment and services within the product companies to best position the ISM to commercially win.
- Work with the customer services team to understand client and market requirements.
- Interpret customer specifications and identify hardware and services required to comply with specifications
- Identify areas where Baker Hughes is lacking in hardware and services and present solutions.
- Work with the Commercial group to provide technical leadership for FEED studies and tenders.
- Liaises with Sales, Business Development and Product functions during the pursuit and bid phases of a tender
- Develops overall system engineering execution plan and resource requirements.
- Takes a lead role in system offerings with respect to BH business units, manages the systems integration and liaises with regional pursuit management team
- Presents solutions in a form capable f ready interpretation by Internal and External Customers at tender pursuit and execution phases
- Deliver technical system, products and services to the Subsea Intervention business
- Maintain working knowledge of all surrounding technology that may be complementary to Subsea Interventions
- Responsible for market awareness and cost effective Subsea Interventions technical solutions submitted with all tenders
- Represent Baker Hughes at industry forums in relation to Subsea Intervention solutions and case studies.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university in Engineering, Business or other technical or business-related field or proven experience in Commercial operations.
- Proven years of experience in the O&G/Subsea industry with preference towards tendering/commercial/contract management experience in the Aftermarket/Services areas.
- Specific experience in contract formation and administration.
- Knowledge of the applications and operations of Lightwell Intervention (LWI), Fluid Intervention, and/or Well Services (chemicals, pumping, artificial lift, flow assurance)
- Awareness of business strategy and contract formation
- Ability to work within a cross functional team to execute a complex pursuit strategy.
- Awareness of well performance
- Experience in cost estimating, budgeting and pricing.
- Competent oral and written communication skills, including ability to present clearly to different levels in business
- Competent interpersonal and team working skills.
- Experience in product and technology development arenas, and experience in considering a customer perspective of value
- Ability to travel internationally for customer meeting
- Aberdeen, UK / Houston, US
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization
Baker Hughes is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more