Baker Hughes Company is the world's first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BH harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain. BH helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own. With operations in over 120 countries, the company's global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup - inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world. Follow Baker Hughes Company on Twitter @BHCo, or visit us at BH.com.Role Summary:
As the Senior Welding Engineer, this role will drive the welding / brazing
practices, specifications, training and auditing for welders. This is a
worldwide role responsible for all Manufacturing and Repair locations globally.
It encompasses developing new processes, as well as maintaining Drill Bits
worldwide welding / brazing processes.Essential Responsibilities:
- Training the Trainers
- Benchmarking the Industry
- Developing Processes
- Writing Specifications / Work
- InstructionsWorking with Manufacturing / Repair to troubleshoot failures
- Facilitate projects and change management
- Drive a world class welding / brazing culture
- Bachelor's Degree in Welding Engineering, Material Science, Mechanical Engineering or related field
- 5 years welding or welding science
- Ability to act independently
- Enthusiasm for mentoring and coaching
- Energy, enthusiasm and excitement for continuous improvement
- 25% business travel
- Certified Welding Engineer (AWS) or Senior Welding Inspector (AWS)
- Training, coaching, facilitating, and presentation skills.
- Brazing, submerged arc welding experience, and PTAW
- Experience writing technical specifications
- Ability to work with and influence various stakeholders at different levels in the organization.
- Project management expertise
Based out of The Woodlands, Texas supporting worldwide Drill
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the
career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization.
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.