As the Senior Welding Engineer, this role will drive the welding / brazing practices, specifications, training and auditing for welders. This is a worldwide role responsible for all Manufacturing and Repair locations globally. It encompasses developing new processes, as well as maintaining Drill Bits worldwide welding / brazing processes.Essential Responsibilities:
- Training the Trainers
- Benchmarking the Industry
- Developing Processes
- Writing Specifications / Work Instructions
- Working with Manufacturing / Repair to troubleshoot failures
- Facilitate projects and change management
- Drive a world class welding / brazing culture
- Bachelor's Degree in Welding Engineering, Material Science, Mechanical Engineering or related field
- 5 years welding or welding science
- Ability to act independently
- Enthusiasm for mentoring and coaching
- Energy, enthusiasm and excitement for continuous improvement
- 25% business travel
- Certified Welding Engineer (AWS) or Senior Welding Inspector (AWS)
- Training, coaching, facilitating, and presentation skills.
- Brazing, submerged arc welding experience, and PTAW
- Experience writing technical specifications
- Ability to work with and influence various stakeholders at different levels in the organization.
- Project management expertise
Based out of The Woodlands, Texas supporting worldwide Drill Bit operations.
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization.