Skills: HR - Trainer / Instructor, Well Control
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Transocean is focused on being the employer of choice for the drilling industry.
We are challenging ourselves every day to push the performance of the company through technological advances and passion for our work.
The Drilling & Well Control SME is responsible for the Drilling programs development plans for Transocean employees on and offshore and must take the lead in identifying gaps for lessons learned and curriculum development.
Key Roles & Responsibilities :
- Be responsible to operate and maintain the Drilling Simulators, take the lead in identification of any issue related to simulators software programs malfunction, communicate with the simulators manufacturer to fix relevant problems.
- Work with the Training Coordinator to prepare training calendar and organize venues.
- Develop training and lessons learned curriculum, instructor manual, scenarios and snapshot to operate the DS 6000 simulators.
- Consolidate and analyses operation event report to address technical knowledge and skills gaps to enhance lessons learned and training curriculum.
- Support D - CAP assessment and work with HR/Training department to review OJT and CAP.
- Teach and instruct Drilling technology and well control to Company employees.
Job Requirements and Qualifications:
- Minimum Education: Bachelor's degree
- Minimum Experience: 10+ years and experience in drilling and well control on rigs
- Required Licenses/Certifications: Well Control
If you want to push yourself to great achievement, let Transocean develop your career.
No matter where in the world Transocean people are working, we are all pioneers at heart. We don’t shrink from challenges. They inspire us. Which is why we’ve been a company of firsts since our inception. Although we come from different countries, cultures and backgrounds, we’re united by our shared pursuit of excellence. We value the different perspectives represented throughout our organization, recognizing that our people are our most valuable asset.
In today’s competitive environment, when Transocean has asked our employees to embrace a performance culture that requires us to constantly seek improvement no matter how productive we are, our team has risen to the occasion. And in fact, they are changing the way we operate. If you are motivated by a work environment that consistently challenges you, one where you can have an impact that is felt on every rig and on the bottom lines of both Transocean and our customers, we encourage you to browse our available positions below and at www.deepwater.com/our-people
Transocean has received reports of unauthorized individuals falsely advertising or promising job opportunities and supporting their claims with forged documents. These individuals ask for money to cover processing fees, visas, work permits, etc. Transocean's hiring process does not include unsolicited offers of employment or require payment. We will only contact you if you have applied for employment through our website at: www.deepwater.com, or had contact with one of our local recruiting or field offices. We also have received reports of unauthorized solicitations of business or vendor quotes, which may request pricing and other commercial details. Please do not respond to any requests unless you can verify the origin of the request. Transocean communicates with its vendors using a vendor portal or direct communication with a designated Transocean representative known by vendors. Transocean will never ask you to send banking information by email. If you suspect fraud, we would encourage you to report such activity to your local police authorities.