Skills: Document Control, Cost Engineer
Education: Some College
Employment Type: Part Time Salaried Employee
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Worley is currently looking to recruit a Lead Cost Engineer in Aberdeen on a permanent basis.
To control cost data within contract from initial order through to actualised cost. To Provide accurate OPEX cost reports, and general cost data to Client Management. Co-ordinate contract WBS within reporting systems to align with cost reports
Key Aims and Objectives
- Manage all cost, commercial activities to the project requirements, and provide contract support to Supply Chain activities
- To ensure that client, Worley Management and Budget Holders have clear understanding and visible of the status of OPEX budgets through Cost Reports and support data provided on schedule.
- Support Worley and Client Management teams on all commercial and cost aspects of contract, and ensure that needs are met to facilitate robust budgetary control.
Prime Responsibilities and Duties
- Accountable for safety
- Management of Contract WBS
- Assist in development of Draft OPEX Budgets Management of OPEX Cost reporting and forecasting - Assist with cashflow forecasting in line with cost report data
- CAPEX Cost Reporting against Worley orders - Reporting of monthly cost provisions to client Finance Group - Reporting of Logistics budget cost allocations to Client Finance on Monthly basis
HNC or relevant experience Desirable:
Degree or relevant experience
Previous Cost experience, responsible for a large sized project or large sized sub-element of a major project.
Ability to control, direct, supervise and manage day to day activities
Ability to carry out performance and assurance reviews
- Working knowledge of the offshore oil and gas industry or downstream petrochemical industry
- Knowledge of various electronic project control applications
- Ability to carry out departmental audit on both the system and the processes
- Already employed in a senior position Personal qualities, aptitudes and skills
- Ability to work with people at all levels
- Ability to work as member of a team
- Good communicator
- Good presentation skills
- Confident and assertive
- role specific
- Capable of communicating with project groups and third parties to agree standards, systems, processes to meet the project and Client requirements - Capable of proposing improvements/developments of systems and processes - Able to carry out performance reviews and appraisals of Cost personnel in team. - Capable of identifying and providing input to Cost related improvement initiatives - Capable of managing a coordinated approach to resolving procedural issues in a timely manner Competencies - generic - Sound computer skills - Ability to work to given deadlines - Ability to work with people at all levels - Facilitate meetings - Proven team lead skills