At Baker Hughes, we are transforming the future of energy. With operations in over 120 countries, we are developing and deploying industry-leading technologies and services to take energy forward.
For more than a century, our inventions have revolutionized energy. Today, we are bringing our expertise to make oil and gas safer, cleaner, and more efficient.
Our people are the trusted experts, relied on to solve customer challenges big and small. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent, and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.
We believe in creating an environment of diversity and inclusion, without bias. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged, and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work.
We're makers, inventors, and leaders who aren't afraid of the tough challenges. We believe pushing boundaries will help to lead the way for a new energy future. Role Summary:
Continue to support and develop Baker Hughes's safe working practice within the customer HSE plan.
Support chemical treatment programs through daily monitoring activities.
Liaise with customer operators to ensure effective chemical application.
Ensure effective data collection and management, highlight parameters that are out of specification and implement action plan with Consultants.Essential Responsibilities:
- Provide routine support and services to chemical treatment applications for boiler feed water, boiler, cooling and chilled water, gas and oil production and processing applications:
- Monitor and collect analytical data in electronic files; interpret and respond to the analysis results making recommendations to consultant and/or customer operators. Provide feedback to the plants and field that identifies deficiencies and successes in the chemical treatment program.
- Focus on operators as primary recipients, with informational copies to supervisory personnel.
- Report any problems and recommend corrective actions.
- Implement sampling, analysis (e.g. as pH, Conductivity, free chlorine, bio activity, H2S etc.),
- Conduct non routine chemical testing on site when applicable.
- Monitor the consumption of Baker Hughes chemicals, report -v- plan.
- Audit chemical injection facilities for functionality and proper operation.
- Introduce Baker Hughes products or technical modifications utilizing customer Management of Change (MOC) procedure.
- Provide technical support and training for customer National staff. Check analytical equipment/instruments, recheck and validate operator's analysis etc.
- Develop and write procedures and recommendations for applications.
- Provide active participation/contributions to customer projects when applicable.
- Make requests for analysis of unusual samples to Central Lab
- Participate in inspections during Shutdown or Turnaround.
- Establish chemical usage, set minimum/maximum stocking levels.
- Participate in safety actions/meetings. Develop and provide safety guidelines for chemical handling, sampling, and analysis.
- Reference Baker Hughes training materials for personal development, agree training targets with Consultant and review at six monthly intervals.
- Coach technicians in chemical applications and laboratory techniques.
- Bachelor's Degree in Chemistry/Applied Chemistry OR Chemical, Process or Mechanical Engineering.
- 3+ years related experience.
- Work history must demonstrate strict/enthusiastic compliance with all HES programs.
- Independent, self- motivated worker;
- Moderate English skills both written and verbal;
- Able to use MS Office suite of business applications;
- Prefer 3 years' experience in Oil & Gas, Refining and or Petrochemical plants;
- Prefer working in industry during the preceding 12 months.
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization
Baker Hughes is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more