Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries. Position Summary
Perform machine set-up, operation and tear-down of equipment used to manufacture and assemble subsea umbilicals. Duties & Responsibilities
- Operate, set up and tear down production machinery in accordance with established procedures and guidelines under immediate supervision of a certified operator used in manufacture and assembly of subsea umbilicals.
- Adjusts machine settings to complete tasks according to specifications, accurately and in a timely fashion. Assists with the machine/s set-up and operation.
- Monitor the quality of product as being produced and notify supervisor or other operators when problems are spotted. Understand the quality policy and be able to identify a quality product from an unacceptable one.
- Understand work center training and safety requirements through JSEA's, Process Maps, and Work Instructions.
- Complete production documentation and Pre-Assessments of work center as required.
- Maintain knowledge of company maintenance procedures, assist with daily maintenance checks and activities for work center as required.
- Maintain cleanliness of machines and surrounding workplace.
- This position has NO supervisory responsibilities.
- Reports to Production Supervisor
- Indirectly reports to Production Manager and Manufacturing Manager.
- Work may be directed by Foreman or Work Center Technicians.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Has knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures that apply to a manufacturing environment.
- Must be able to obtain a TWIC (Transportation Workers Identification Card) to access work area.
- Requires ability to work 12 hour shifts on day or night shift, including up to 7 days a week when needed
- Possesses basic knowledge of computers
- Abiility to add, subtracts, multiply, and divides in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Equal Opportunity Employer
- 1-2 years working in a manufacturing environment preferred.
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other non-merit factors.