Skills: IT - Software Development
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Abingdon, England, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
We are looking for a software developer to be a member of a cross-functional team working on supervised machine learning and scientific algorithms. The role will focus on upgrading our automated test infrastructure, validating work using unit tests and working with the QA engineer to ensure that the designed tests are implemented. It will also encompasses adding features to the product where required. No previous experience with machine learning is needed. The technology stack is a Java micro service architecture e.g. Spring Boot built with Gradle using Jenkins deployed on Kubernetes using Helm charts on AWS and Azure. Experience in equivalent technologies is welcome.
- Designing efficient, intelligent and complete unit tests.
- Working with the QA engineer to ensure that the functional tests designed are automated.
- Designing and developing high-volume, low-latency applications for mission-critical systems.
- Contributing in all phases of the development lifecycle
- Writing well designed, testable, efficient code
- Ensuring that the solutions meet the non-functional objectives, in particular maintainability, performance, and scalability.
- Improving our CI/CD tooling and processes.
- Identifying and creating recommendations on when to utilise new technologies.
- Utilizing your experience to provide the necessary guidance and support to other members within the teams.
- Collaborating with business stakeholders and technology co-workers.
- Driving best practices and helping our teams build and deliver great products.
- Expert in writing unit tests using Junit.
- Expert in core Java classes with JDK8 or newer. Java Collections, functional programming in Java, JDBC etc.
- Using JSON, XML or YAML API's from Java for data driven programming.
- Familiar with BDD tools, for instance Cucumber.
- Familiar with build tools such as Gradle.
- Familiar with micro service frameworks such as Spring Boot.
- Knowledge of integration tools such as Jenkins, CircleCI, TravisCI etc.
- Experience of using cloud platforms for example Azure, AWS, GCP or cluster technologies using Docker.
- Good understanding of agile principles and usage of software to manage the process such as Jira or TFS.
- Be a good communicator and are able to work in a collaborative environment background
- Mathematical learning component to your degree or earlier qualifications to a high level.
- An interest or direct experience with scientific or engineering software.
- Is resilient and can shine in a creative scenario where all the answers are not available.
- Has the ability to talk about complex technical issues in both technical and non-technical speak
- Has the ability to absorb complex technical and commercial information, combined with a willingness to learn new and novel frameworks and architectures
- Experienced with prioritisation and decision-making
- Analytical and creative in problem solving
- Has a positive attitude towards automated test performance and quality.
- Keen to encourage department-wide adoption of suitable technologies and tools.
Halliburton is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, citizenship, marital status, sex/gender, sexual preference/ orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, national origin, or any other status protected by law or regulation.
Milton Park ,Abingdon
Requisition Number: 82417
Experience Level: Experienced Hire
Job Family: Engineering/Science/Technology
Product Service Line: Landmark Software & Services
Full Time / Part Time: Full Time
Additional Locations for this position: Milton Park Abingdon
Founded in 1919, Halliburton is one of the world’s leading providers of products and services to the upstream energy industry.
Halliburton is proud to be a services company, and our customers and investors appreciate our business model. Our strong competitive position not only comes from our geographic footprint and wide range of products and services, but also, more importantly, from the quality of our work and the dedication of our employees.
With approximately 55,000 employees, representing 140 nationalities in more than 80 countries, Halliburton touches much of the oil and gas that fuel our society.
Halliburton comprises 14 product service lines (PSLs). The PSLs operate in two divisions: Drilling and Evaluation, and Completion and Production.
Our Consulting and Project Management PSL works across both divisions and is the spearhead of our integrated-services strategy. Its financial results are included in the Drilling and Evaluation Division. PSLs are primarily responsible and accountable for strategy, technology development, process development, people development and capital allocation.
Integrity: Ethics and integrity are the foundation of our brand and the guiding principles for all we do.
Safety: Priority number one. We are focused on our own personal safety, as well as on the safety of others.
Collaboration: We work together with customers, and understand that everyone has a role in providing the best solution.
Competition: We compete to win, knowing that competition makes everyone stronger.
Creativity: We are resourceful. We are innovative, and strive to apply the right technology and solution every time.
Reliability: We deliver what we promise. We believe the quality of our service defines who we are.
Respect: We are honest with ourselves and with each other. We value our diverse skills and talents, and know we are stronger together as one family.
These values are our corporate DNA, the foundation for how we relate to each other and to every individual and entity with whom we interact. These are the principles that every Halliburton employee is expected to use, live by, and demonstrate on a daily basis.
Own Your Career
Our people are essential to our ability to innovate, achieve, grow, and lead. We attract and retain the best talent by investing in our employees and empowering them to develop themselves and their careers. We invest in our employees through leadership and competency development, competitive compensation plans, health benefits, work-life programs, and reward and incentive plans.
Opportunities for career development – and the tools you need to take advantage of them – are abundant. Combine those opportunities with your drive and capabilities, and your career path can go in nearly any direction you choose.