Reporting to the UK Engineering Leader, the Design Engineering Manager will;
- utilize their experience or expertise to lead a team of cross functional design/analytical engineers to deliver high quality engineered solutions for subsea flexible pipe projects.
- demonstrates leadership in communicating business goals, programs, and processes to their team within FPS Engineering function.
- manage demand & capacity to deliver project objectives and commitments in line with project schedules and tendering activities.
- interact with all functions of the business and an understanding of the wider BHGE and Subsea business drivers is essential.
- HSE focused & Product Quality committed, ensuring the team are up dated and executing project / programs to the required standard.
- Provide leadership and technical direction to an engineering team in line with project/ programs objectives.
- Drive on-time delivery of internal and external customer documentation.
- Reporting team / function KPI's on a weekly / monthly / quarterly basis to senior management.
- Ability to motivate others and achieve results.
- Commitment to process improvement.
- Create strategies for team development and training.
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics.
• Industrial, engineering work experience.
• Previous experience as a Lead / Senior Engineer role.Desired Characteristics:
Understanding of Flexible Pipe System Design,
Structural Engineering and Global Analysis methodologies.
- Excellent Analytical skills
- Experience / trained with a LEAN or Green Belt program focus.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Ability to influence others and lead teams.
- Ability to coordinate several project deliverables, simultaneously. • Effective problem identification and solution skills. • Proven analytical and organizational ability.
- Chartered / Member of a recognized engineering institute.
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization
Baker Hughes is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more