Skills: Environmental, Safety & Training, HSE Auditing, HSE Manager / Advisor
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Basra, Iraq
- Participate in the preparation of the EIBV/ZFOD Lifting Management System to comply with both local regulatory requirements and Lifting & Hoisting Manual (LOGIS-DG-3624-0-2018) guidelines
- Provide technical advice on matters pertaining to lifting operations deviations or non-compliances
- Provide support to Maintenance Teams as necessary in the detail and execution of preventative and corrective maintenance activities on all lifting equipment
- Fully conversant with the inspection of lifting equipment and concept of discard criteria
- Adopt safe working practices at all times with regards to lifting operations and in accordance with statutory and Company operating procedures
- Provide support as required to the Lifting and HSE teams in determining the lift categorisation, planning process and the preparation of risk assessments.
- Study in detail the load to be lifted and determine its' weight and Centre of Gravity;
- Calculate suitable lifting points and lifting lugs/eyes;
- Determine weight of the load (including impact loads during lifting);
- Propose suitable crane(s) and Lifting equipment for the lifting operation;
- Determine the potential Hazards and its associated Risks that may arise during the lifting operation.
- Support the Inspection and Maintenance team for the assessment of the structural integrity of lifting equipment
- Provide technical support for the selection and qualification of Lifting Operation Contractors/Sub-contractors
- Develop and maintain networks and relationships with key peers and colleagues in other GU's for the purposes of adopting and promoting best practice within Eni, sharing information and ideas whilst keeping abreast of new initiatives and technologies within the Lifting Technical Authority discipline
- Ensure all relevant lifting equipment performance, certification and condition data are recorded accurately for input into the Company's data recording system
- Define standards for and participate in the monitoring and assessment of lifting operations
- Contribute in conjunction with HSE Dept. to the Site's safety effectiveness through recommending improvements in procedures and work practices. Promote a continuous improvement culture within the team
Fixed term contract
- A combination of hands-on and technical experience in the design, operation and maintenance of lifting equipment in Offshore and Onshore environment.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience in team working
- Good organizational and planning skills
- High-performance orientation with close attention to detail
- Self-motivated, with the ability to plan and organise a varied and busy workload to meet targets
- Skilled in the application of the legal and Company requirements relevant to the planning and execution of lifting operations
- In depth knowledge of International and Local Lifting Regulations and Standards
- Experience in the Oil and Gas industry, refining or petrochemical industry with experience of heavy equipment, be able to read and understand lifting plans and load charts.
- Certified by an internationally recognized Lifting and Rigging Association.
- Be conversant with Loler standards, and British Crane Standards
Compensation and benefits
We support and reward international mobility as this is a key element of the success of our people at Eni. By joining EIRL, you'll receive a comprehensive rewards package which includes a highly competitive salary, private medical insurance, pension scheme, enhanced annual holiday entitlement, discretionary annual bonus and access to tax support. International employees may also receive housing, schooling and working partner support. In addition, you will benefit from training and development programmes, relocation and visa support, and travel arrangements.
Our values of respect, integrity and sustainability guide every aspect of our operations. Inspired by the UN's Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), our mission is clear: We are an energy company with the goal of preserving our planet and promoting sustainable access to energy for all. We aim to achieve this through our work, which is based on passion, innovation and the extraordinary strength of our people.
At the heart of this mission are the values that guide us every day. These are focused on climate action, the environment, affordable and clean energy, innovation and infrastructure, gender equality, human rights, responsible consumption and production. By following these principles, we aim to deliver precision, transparency and honesty in all areas of our work.
We also understand that together we are stronger. Building long-lasting partnerships and recognising diversity are key values for human development. Technological innovation also plays a huge part in our mission. It's fundamental to both achieving our goals and laying the foundations for our future.
Welcome to Eni – and your future with a dynamic global business that operates across the entire energy supply chain. Eni’s 30,000 employees can be found on virtually every continent. Throughout the 67 countries we operate in, we work on some of the most significant energy projects in the world.
Our activities span oil and natural gas exploration, field development and production, as well as the supply, trading and shipping of natural gas, LNG, electricity, fuels and chemical products.
We’ve grown dramatically since our beginnings in 1953, but we’ve stayed true to our roots in many ways. Today we may be one of the largest companies in Italy and among the world’s most successful oil and gas companies in exploration, but our culture remains genuinely people-focused. Our values of respect, integrity and sustainability guide every aspect of our operations.
As for the future, we’re adapting to rapidly shifting market conditions as we complete our transformation into a fully integrated oil and gas company. Through our strong commitment to digitalisation and decarbonisation, Eni will continue to create sustainable value within this changing energy landscape.
We’re not only one of the world’s most successful energy companies — we pride ourselves on being a dynamic and exciting place to work as well. If you join us, you’ll play a key role in shaping the energies of the future.
At Eni you’ll enjoy a progressive, inclusive and forward-thinking environment, and a wide range of benefits and rewards. We care about our people's growth, which is why we invest in talent and offer development pathways to give everyone the same opportunity to flourish with us.
Reasons to join us
- Take on exciting challenges: Eni's focus is on big and ambitious projects. You'll take on challenging but rewarding work to help us extract energy at depths never reached before.
- A multicultural working environment: You’ll join a dynamic setting with cutting-edge facilities, the latest technology, and a rich and interesting mix of people from all backgrounds and specialisms.
- Make a difference in the world: Our purpose extends further than supplying energy to power the world. Sustainable development and respect for the environment is at the heart of everything that we do.
- Training and career growth: We provide training opportunities at the highest standard and encourage self-development, both in a personal capacity and a professional one.
- Compensation and incentive programmes: We reward you for your commitment and success through our competitive compensation policy, which is bespoke to each location’s local regulations.
- Pension programmes: Depending on your location, you could enrol in one of our contributory pension programmes.