Baker Hughes are seeking a Lead Commodity Manager to identify and execute proactive global strategies for the Labor Commodity with a clear focus on key sourcing metrics including cost savings, payment term improvements, supplier relationship management, low cost country spend migration, quality improvements and cross-functional project management across all Baker Hughes PLs and Regions.
In this role you will work closely with vital support functions including Finance and Legal, and the candidate must have working knowledge of Sourcing Agreements and Financial acumen to drive such discussions. You will be a key contributor for cash, savings, and process
improvement for the Labor commodity across Baker Hughes.
- Execute the Labor commodity strategy, projects and initiatives in
alignment with business priorities to meet business targets
- Enforce business policies to meet defined targets and internal customer needs, including improving procurement processes and to enhance the customer experience with Sourcing
- Collaborate with Baker Hughes Category Management and Product Companies Sourcing team to ensure supplier quality and delivery performance needs are met and improvement strategies are implemented
- Ensure business specific and countries regulatory requirements, Baker Hughes compliance, and quality, delivery and cost expectations are met.
- Manage the operational relationship with suppliers.
- Support digitization and implifiscation improvements to the sourcing process, and new systems / tools implementation
- Lead RFQs and award business to winning suppliers based on parameters set by internal customers and business requirements
- Leverage buying power across Baker Hughes PLs to achieve best price and quality for the business
- Support multiple stakeholders within the Baker Hughes Sourcing organization
- Ability to cope with and resolve multiple complex situations daily
- Ability to influence at all levels of the organization
- Negotiate price, payment terms, T&Cs, etc. and work with Legal to finalize
- Cross-functional collaboration
- Act as the liaison between suppliers and Baker Hughes on all Labor commodity sourcing matters
- Bachelor's degree
- Several years of Sourcing experience
- Experience working in a matrix organization
- Highly motivated and results driven
- Strong analytical skills
- Time management, scheduling and prioritization skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to interact and collaborate with all levels of the organization
- Demonstrated ability to build strong relationships with suppliers and internal stakeholders
- Experience with contract management and sourcing agreements
- Demonstrated ability to manage supplier relationships and long-term partnerships
- Experience working across multiple business functions, and geographic regions; able to clearly communicate information in an easy to understand manner; able to deliver message effectively verbally and in writing, including strong presentation skills.
- Desire to add value, make an impact, and contribute to achieving company goals
- Lean Six Sigma Certification
- Background in Oil & Gas industry
- Project Management experience
- Previous experience with Labor commodity
- Fieldglass experience (contingent worker, Statement of Work (SoW))
Hungary, UK, Germany or France
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.