On a typical day, but not limited to, the Completion Fluids Research & Development Scientist will work solely and on a team to develop new completion fluids products and services. The scientist will be responsible for performing research and development laboratory experiments to achieve project goals. The scientist will prepare written reports on findings and communicate scientific findings to peers.Essential Responsibilities:
- Performs research, testing, trouble shooting, and problem-solving in chemical research environment and applications support.
- May participate in customer interface, with or without team leader.
- Assignments are outlined in terms of specific objectives.
- Assists in planning and conducting research, design and development of standard engineering assignments.
- Assignments will typically be a portion of a larger project.
- Selects scientific methods and techniques to solve problems and makes sound recommendations.
- May assist technical support teams.
- Assesses results for applicability, validity and conformance to specifications.
- Recommends appropriate methods and solutions for projects.
- Usually works with close supervision.
- Assignments are reviewed for overall soundness and adherence to stated objectives.
- Sphere of influence limited to immediate supervisor, work group, support organizations and vendors.
- Handles special projects, as assigned.
- Bachelor degree in Scientific discipline
- 4+years of oil and gas experience
- 4+ years of experience with research, testing, trouble shooting, and problem-solving in chemical research environment and applications support
- Good analytical skills.
- Ability to communicate well individually and in a team environment.
- Developed knowledge of sciences.
- Strong written skills needed for reports
- Master degree Chemical Engineering or Chemistry degree preferred
- Previous Drilling or Completion Fluids experience preferred
- Previous corrosion testing experience preferred
- Testing following standard operating procedures experience preferred
Baker Hughes is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.