- This position will be responsible to perform on-site installation of systems and equipment and ongoing preventive maintenance, repair and calibration after installation.
- Respond to requests for emergency repairs and services to troublesome equipment.
- Provide technical instruction and assistance to customer representatives regarding installation, operation, calibration, repair and maintenance at customer's sites.
- Develop and further expand technical knowledge and expertise, currently recognized industry standards for engineering ability.
- Maintain knowledge of applicable product line warranties, and accomplish effective warranty administration.
- Plan, prepare and/or instruct both internal and external training programs as required, to impart and perpetuate field engineering and/or product knowledge in area of specialization.
- Perform administrative functions; such as writing technical reports, ordering materials, securing quotations, preparing job status reports, reports to customers, time sheet and expense sheets on a complete timely, and thorough basis.
- Maintain knowledge of the report system to the extent required for timely and accurate input of field information necessary.
- Provide leadership and technical direction to skilled labor performing work on customer sites.
- Maintain strong safety mindset to assure the executed work reflects the technical requirements within Baker Hughes safety standards.
- Knowledge to troubleshoot and provide routine maintenance checkout for wide range of equipment vintage.
- Prepare timely and accurate technical reports for customer records and a reference for future outages
The main duties of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Lead and execute foundation and soft foot check and adjustments.
- Lead and execute assembly/installation and alignment of the equipment
- Lead and execute independently inspection of the equipment
- Provide business ownership for work in assigned areas
- Establish and maintain business relationships (customer and Baker Hughes)
- Provide leadership to balance customer service satisfaction and Baker Hughes objectives
- Drive Safety, On-time Delivery, Productivity, Quality, and Cost
- Perform field engineering service work, as required, to properly serve the customer
- Support emergent and emergency customer needs
- Create an engaging work environment where other Baker Hughes and the customer's employees are motivated to optimally perform
- Own lessons learned process for Baker Hughes / customer efforts at assigned sites, ensuring all Baker Hughes and customer learning are applied, increasing probability of achieving customer goals.
- Support Root Cause Analysis efforts within customer and Baker Hughes organizations relating to customer failures, forced outages and incidents of interest.
- Knowledge of turbine generators and or compressors equipment. Strong knowledge on rotating equipment installation/maintenance Ability to understand and implement mechanical drawings (section dwg; construction dwg; P&ID; alignment specification, flushing/blowing procedure; piping specification; wiring diagram, etc...)
- Strong analytic and problem solving skills together with good interpersonal & organizational skills
- Must be a leader with excellent listening, project management, interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills
- Mechanical Field Engineer/Technician with Project Management experience, or a Specialist from one of many fields, who can act as the primary contact and coordinator for Baker Hughes with Customers during outage and non-outage periods
- Ability to effectively work with the Customer at all levels of their organization - from day to day users of Baker Hughes products and services to the Customer's Executives
- Ability to provide technical direction of skilled craft labor, track costs, update schedules and communicate effectively at all levels as a site manager
- Advanced computer skills including ability to work in Microsoft Office Suite environment, ability to learn special Baker Hughes applications, and ability to utilize (or learn) identified Project Management software applications such as Primavera or Microsoft Project
- Field Engineering experience
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Strong oral and written communications skills
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Knowledge of Nuovo Pignone or Thermodyn CECO
- Knowledge of LM2500 turbines
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization
Baker Hughes is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more