The Supplier Quality Engineer demonstrates accountability for functional, business and broad company objectives. As Supplier Quality Engineer you will integrate and develop processes that meet business needs across the organisation, be involved in long-term planning, contribute to the overall strategy and manage complex issues within functional areas area of expertise.Essential Responsibilities:
- Manage supplier audits carried out by the resources to provide technical guidance to a global supplier base to assure product and process compliance with engineering drawings and specifications.
- Manage and execute the supplier qualification process and supplier surveillance process.
- Work effectively with commercial, sourcing, engineering and manufacturing teams to eliminate any barriers that may affect the quality and delivery of sourced components.
- Monitor supplier non-conformance performance and drive root-cause analyses, corrective actions and process improvements to reduce escaping defects and cost of failure.
- Actively participate in supplier recovery efforts by managing technical issue information, providing technical disposition for supplier caused issues and reviewing metrics for trending data.
- Support Global Sourcing quality initiatives and metrics.
- Set team objectives and goals that are aligned with those of the business.
- Drive process consistency and adherence to Global Sourcing quality procedures.
- Directly execute SQE activities for a designated group of suppliers supporting PPS - including qualifications, audits and continuous improvement actions.
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university.
- Considerable supplier quality experience.
- Travel 25% of the time, as required.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering - Electrical and/or Mechanical from an accredited college or university or equivalent knowledge and experience preferred.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong organisational skills.
- Strong financial, quantitative and data analysis skills.
- Strong project management and process improvement skills.
- Ability to motivate in a cross-functional, multi-site, global team environment.
- Ability to influence at all levels of the organisation.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Demonstrated project, program or team leadership skills.
- Demonstrated technical aptitude: strong background in interpretation of blueprints / specifications, metrology, and manufacturing process planning / evaluation.
- Sound knowledge in ISO QMS Requirements and application.
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organisation.
Baker Hughes is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more