We are looking out for a talented, passionate, and versatile engineer who will support firmware development of our next generation product line. You will be part of a team responsible for developing real time firmware in accordance with established development methodologies and compliant with industry standard regulations.Essential Responsibilities:In this role you will:
- Develop firmware for embedded systems covering all aspects of functionality and performance.
- Analyze requirements and technical specifications for correctness and completeness.
- Perform effective troubleshooting and analysis of functional issues or performance profiling with the firmware and hardware in test environments or target host systems
- Develop automated unit tests using unit test frameworks and tools
- Interface with hardware design and development
- Work with testing team to define acceptance criteria and test cases
- Contribute to architecture definition and process improvements to ensure firmware quality and time-to-market
- Work in close collaboration with engineers of other disciplines and product development teams located worldwide.
Desired Characteristics: Technical Expertise:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Electronics or Telecommunications or in "STEM" Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math)
- A minimum of 3+ years of technical experience in developing embedded systems products
- Strong hands-on programming and debugging skills on embedded C and C++
- Experience working with circuits, microcontrollers, DSPs, RTOS (preferably QNX)
- Excellent knowledge of embedded systems, coding techniques, communication protocols, interfaces and hardware subsystems.
- Experience in communication protocols like RS232, USB, I2C, SPI, etc.
- Experience in industrial protocols like Modbus
- Experience in interfacing with peripheral devices like ADC, RTC, LCD panels, etc.
- Experience using debugging tools - emulators, debuggers, programmers, etc.
- Experience with socket programming and using network protocols like Ethernet / IP / TCP/ UDP/ HTTP
- Experience with memory architectures, databases and structures.
- Knowledge and hands on DSP concepts like Sampling, Aliasing, Filtering, Time series and spectral domain.
- Experience in and knowledge of test-driven development concepts.
- Experience in working with PXI Rack, LabView or MATLAB.
- Exposure to Software and Tools: Cygwin, Wire shark, XML, XMLRPC
- Adequate knowledge of reading schematics and data sheets for components
- Ability to understand the software development life cycle as well as the business approach for the product
- Basic understanding of cybersecurity
- Be curious, detail oriented, and analytical, with a proven ability to learn quickly.
- Be customer-focused, team-oriented, and motivated, taking ownership of assigned tasks with ability to self-manage, as well as manage interdisciplinary relationships
- Takes a holistic systems perspective. Empathizes with multiple points of view.
- Participates with key stakeholders and subject matter experts in defining strategies
- Challenges conventional thinking and traditional ways of operating and invites stakeholders to identify issues and opportunities.
: Mumbai, India
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization.
Baker Hughes is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more