Skills: Contracts Administration
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Worley are looking for a Senior Subcontracts Engineer Initially 6 months with the possibility of extension beyond this initial period.
Key aims and objectives
- Commercial administration of project subcontracts in accordance with Worley and project policies and procedures in order to ensure availability as required of third party support services to the project
- Provision of commercial support in relation to project purchase orders in accordance with Worley and project policies and procedures as required
- Commercial administration of client vendors in accordance with project procedures.
- All facets of Management of Change (both time and cost) including but not limited to Change Proposal Authorisations, Variations and Amendments for both client and Worley.
Prime responsibilities and duties
- Maintain and promote a safe working environment and demonstrate correct HSE behaviours and leadership.
- Responsible for pre-award activities including amongst other things bid invitation preparation, processing queries from bidders, preparation of bid evaluation programmes, evaluation of bids, negotiation, contract preparation and award formalities.
- Leads the drafting of Invitation to Tender ("ITT") packages for subcontract services.
- Leads evaluation of the capability and capacity of prospective subcontractors to ensure that they meet Worley's requirements and expectations.
- Responsible for post-award activities including amongst other things conducting kick off meetings, coordinating all contract submittals and correspondence, preparation and processing of variation orders, claims and close out.
- Reviews subcontract issues with specialist teams (e.g. legal, risk management, tax, accounting, etc) as necessary throughout the pre- and post-award subcontract procurement processes.
- Functions as a part of a negotiating team to establish the terms and conditions of subcontracts.
- Monitors and ensures the provisions of assigned subcontracts are administered to ensure compliance with contractual terms and conditions. Keeps the Project's Contracts Manager advised as to the scope, financial, and risk features of applicable subcontracts
- Ensures documentation to negotiate change orders are properly produced and maintained
- Prepares letters to clients requesting approvals and interpretations necessary to comply with the provisions of the contract.
- Identifies contractual problems associated with subcontracts, purchase orders and the head contract and, where appropriate, takes appropriate action to ensure a satisfactory resolution. Follows up on those problems which demand management attention in a timely manner; and
- Undertakes responsibilities in accordance with project strategy and Worley policies and procedures in a manner that maximises Worley's commercial position, whilst maintaining integrity.
- Ensuring that all Worley and Project approval processes associated with subcontracting are followed and that all necessary approvals obtained in a timely manner.
- Reviews and approves subcontractor payment applications.
- Obtain copies of subcontractor insurances, ensuring that they meet subcontract requirements and are valid. Request updated insurances as required.
- Ensure bonds, guarantees, collateral warranties and the like are obtained where appropriate in relation to subcontracts.
- Controls subcontract costs.
- Preparation and submission of monthly subcontract liabilities reports in accordance with Worley policies and procedures.
- Preparation/compilation of all subcontract costs and supporting documentation for project invoicing/ forecasting requirements.
- Evaluation and settlement of subcontractor claims.
- Development and implementation of subcontractor audit plan in conjunction with Project Commercial, Supply Chain and Quality Managers.
- Preparation and agreement of subcontractor performance evaluation reports in accordance with contract requirements.
- Maintain records of cost savings achieved in relation to subcontracts
- Agreement of final accounts and close out of subcontracts in accordance with contract requirements.
- Undertakes commercial administration of client vendors as required in accordance with project procedures.
- Provision of advice to the project team in relation to contractual matters associated with subcontracts, purchase orders and the head contract as required.
University graduate or above in Quantity Surveying, Law, Business Studies or other appropriate discipline.
Extensive working experience in subcontract administration roles, across both the pre- and post-contract phases of projects within the oil and gas industry
Membership of a professional institution (eg RICS) desirable but not absolutely essential
If you believe you have the necessary knowledge, experience and enthusiasm to succeed in this position, then we would like to hear from you. To apply, please click on the 'Apply to Job' button below