Baker Hughes has an opening for a Buying/Procurement Specialist in Singapore. The position will support the Supply Chain-Manufacturing Division. As a leader in the oilfield services industry, Baker Hughes offers opportunities for qualified people who want to grow in our high performance organization. Our leading technologies and our ability to apply them safely and effectively create value for our customers and shareholders.Essential Responsibilities
- Manages delivery and quality performance, cost and inventory management, and customer satisfaction for machining suppliers.
- Assists in creating request for quotations (RFQ) and organizing competitive biddings from various suppliers to obtain best delivery, quality and price.
- Manages purchase order execution and product delivery, including placement of on-time schedule agreements, mitigation of billing adjustments / terminations and execution of cost reduction goals.
- Ensure on time delivery of pasts and supports strategic supplier development.
- May expedite the filling of orders by suppliers to meet production.
- May substitute items within pre-approved guidelines.
- Works to maximize production capacity in accordance with production and master schedules.
- Coordinate with other functional team members in resolving issues, which may arise during purchase order life cycle management.
- Actively uses continuous improvement tools to improve HS&E, quality, delivery, financial performance, employee engagement, and customer satisfaction.
- Conducts all business activities in accordance with Baker Hughes Health, Safety and Environmental policies, Legal Compliance requirements and Baker Hughes Core Values.
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering or Industrial and minimum 5 years' relevant experience/knowledge is preferred.
- Strong communication and inter-personal skills.
- Good negotiation skills.
- Team player and self-starter.
- Knowledge/experience in lean.
- Good organizational and time management skills.
- Knowledge of purchasing practices, principles and procedures.
- Ability to analyze and present statistical data.
- Knowledge of MS Office applications, including some knowledge of intermediate level Excel functionality.
- Preferably experienced in utilizing SAP.
- Must be able to balance multiple tasks in challenging, fast-paced work environment.
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization.
Baker Hughes is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more