The Field Service Specialist will be in charge of pre-defined operation, installation, maintenance, repair, testing, adjustment, troubleshooting, and technical assistance based on good engineering, manufacturing, installation, and operation practices as applicable to upstream oil exploration / production equipment and in accordance with contractual work scope requirements.Essential Responsibilities
- Be responsible for Operation, Installation, or maintenance of company and customer equipment (Subsea Production Equipment, Subsea Wellhead Equipment, Subsea Controls, Topside Controls, HPUs, Intervention Workover Control Systems (IWOCS), Light well Intervention, Pumps, PT Sensors) in accordance with the company's recommended procedures, methods & guides
- Be responsible for comprehensive job preplanning including all logistics, tooling, Environmental, Health & Safety (HSE), and technical work scopes applicable to assignments
- Be responsible for timely completion of all Pre and Post job and administrative duties including but not limited to customer and service reports, timesheets, job debriefs, tool condition reports, pre and post job checklists and tooling tracking
- Use company e-tools to retrieve technical documents and management of packing list, bill of materials, drawings, prior job reports, certifications, skills and competencies
- Proactively interface between all functions of the company and our customers concerning technical, operational, and HSE challenges as applicable to any assignment
- Attend client meetings when required
- Be responsible for mentorship, development, and guidance of less experienced peers
- Be responsible for safe and compliant performance of all activities in line with the company's and our customer's environmental health and Safety (HSE) guidelines and procedures
- Be responsible for uncompromising integrity to ensure 100% compliance with regulatory and company rules and requirements
- Maintain a strong customer relationship through a positive, proactive, and professional approach
- Ability to safely deploy to remote geographic assignment locations - onshore and offshore locations with limited access to medical care, which may require 4 hours (or more) travel time to reach secondary level medical care
- High School Diploma / GED from an accredited school or institution
- Minimum 5 years' experience in engineering , field service, and/or Controls repair and maintenance
- Manage written and orally English as a working language
- Basic knowledge of drilling and production processes related to BHGE tools
- Basic knowledge of installations processes
- Be able to perform e.g. troubleshooting and repair work on the spot
- PC Literate: Word, Excel, PowerPoint and other similar packages.
- Finished theoretical training or equal to BHGE Norway module.
- Good knowledge of BHGE's product and equipment
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.